How good is the food finder?

kswanson52
kswanson52 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
In the past I have had trouble finding foods on the food finder/calorie lists? Any input on this one would be good. I am using it with my iphone which makes it really convenient.

I have to start keeping tabs on calories or I will never lose weight!!

Replies

• Belle84
    Belle84 Posts: 36
    i find it the best one i have come across! sometimes need to put in slightly differnet food/brand description as its people putting them on but 90% of time i find what i need xxxx good luck and noting food down does really help!!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Same here, this is the 3rd or 4th website I've tried and this is the best one I've found.
  • flrelady
    flrelady Posts: 10 Member
    I have tried alot of food diary and this is the best so far. Very easy to use and pretty acquate. Always check some the duplicated items to find the one is best for you or add your own. :smile:
  • I think it is the best one I"ve found also
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    I use the nutrition label from what I am tracking to see if it is accurate. If the on mfp is not correct I just change the amount eaten until I get it close. I also find the food finder is pretty good here.
    The single most thing I find helpful in losing weight is the calorie tracking. It make you realize what you are actually. I always thought I didn't eat much - until actually started inputing it. What a surprise.

You are correct - you have to log in your food to lose weight. Good luck with that. If you find it hard to do - I plan my meals the day before and just enter it that night - before I eat it. I just adjust it the next night if I eat more or less.

Let me know how it goes with tracking food and if it surprises you too!
    susan:smile:
  • lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Adding to the majority: best yet! This food database is awesome. The only items that haven't been in there are food items from local establishments, and even some of those have made it in here! I hope you come to the same conclusion. Best of luck in your weight loss goals!
  • I agree with everyone- it is the best that I have seen. It takes a little bit to get used to- the name that you are looking for you may have to search a little bit- but once you find it..you are set
    good luck
This discussion has been closed.