Hi I'm Melissa, I have over 100lbs to lose!

Options
Hi there I'm going to start by saying I got myself here and I'm going to get myself out of it! I can make excuses all day long of why I got to this weight but the only real excuse is i let myself eat what I wanted and didn't exercise. I just joined a gym this past week after exercising at home for the past 2 months. I went from barely being able to walk through the grocery store to walking 1 to 3 miles a day! anyways I hope all of you reach your goals! have a blessed night:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great start!! You can do this :D
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)

I started with 115lbs to lose and now I'm down to only 85 left... yes i say only because i know it's possible!

Feel free to add me!

I also have wonderful tips at www.ceejourney.tumblr.com that I have found to help me on this transition to becoming fit! :wink:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Hi Melissa!! I'm just starting out as well. I've been exercising for a year now, but have never watched what I ate until recently. I have 97 pounds to go. We can do this!!!! You are off to a great start, BTW!! :flowerforyou:
  • sherirn96
    sherirn96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude Melissa! I am in the same boat you are. I can make excuses after exuses but the real reason is lack of discipline. I want to be healthy so I can have some energy to play with my kids and live a healthy adult life! Lets do this!
    Sheri
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your not alone, I wish you luck on this journey as well!
  • kittyconni
    Options
    Hi there! I started this journey in March of this year. 55 pounds down, 30 more to go! Together, we can all reach our goals!! Nice to meet you!
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    You can do this!!!! It looks like you are off to a good start, Just keep at it and the weight WILL keep coming off!!!!! I started at 209 and I am now down to 170... I felt like giving up so many times but dont, your worth so much more ;-)

You can add me if you like ;-)
  • mcasi002
    Options
    Congrats! Getting started is the hardest part. I'm almost at the end of my journey and it feels great. You just need to go one day at a time. Looking at the long term might be a little daunting but if you start off just working one day at a time, you'll be just fine!
  • xHayPandax
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Hayley. Now I'm only 17 but I've wanted to lose weight for a long time. I've always tried and failed but this time, I'm going to put my head to it and try my hardest. I have 85 pounds to lose and I'm ready to finally drop it all.
  • Melissat33
    Options
    Thanks everyone who commented and or added me and who accepted my request! Ur stories are so inspiring to me super excited to get more of this weight off I am down 20lbs so that's a small step of what I have to lose! I have decided that taking small steps at a time is not as stressful as looking at the BIG picture! I can't "weight" to share my before and after photos! Anyway thanks again and I wish u all good health and happiness!!
  • KayceRN
    KayceRN Posts: 40
    Options
    Awesome start!!! You'll get there :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We all can do it we just need to keep moving foward and fighting.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • Melissat33
    Options
    Congratulations everyone to those who have just started to those who have already made it to their goal each of you inspire me to keep going all of u have truly gave me the encouragment i need to keep pushing on! I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow!! Y'all ROCK!
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! If any one had told me 3 months ago I'd learn to love to exercise and eat right I'd have laughed in their face! But now that I've lost almost 25lbs I feel so much better that I actually look forward to both. You can do this!!
  • Melissat33
    Options
    Comgratulations on ur weight loss!! I have currently Lost 23lbs I had forgot to update mfp when I restarted it a few months ago. My weight loss on here is 11 lbs off also sometimes I am a couple minutes after midnight logging in and it restarts my straight loggin days and starts me over lol!
  • NanaBeana
    Options
    Kudoos to you Melissa! You have taken the first step.

I am right behind you with needing to lose about 80lbs! I am 52 so I know it will be harder to get off..but I know I can do it and so can you!

Nana
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have over 100 lbs to lose, too. So far, I've lost 26. One step at a time. Sending you a friend request.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,270 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa, I'm with you...no excuses. It's definitely harder to do this at 53 but I will! At my highest two years ago I weighed 248. After being diagnosed as type 2 I got down to 205. I gained some back and started this year at 230. I joined MFP at 226 and have lost 5 lbs. We can do this and this site is the place to start, Very supportive and motivating. Please feel free to add me. And good luck on your journey.