Hungry Girl 200 Under 200

Options
I just bought this cookbook. The recipes in it look and sound amazing and they are all 200 calories or under!! Here is a sample from the breakfast section:

Cinnamon-vanilla French Toast Nuggets

Per serving (8 nuggets) 151 calories, 2.25g fat, 299mg sodium, 24g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 3.5g sugar, 8.5g protein

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients:

2 hot dog buns
1/3 cup fat free liquid egg substitute such as Egg Beaters
1 tsp Coffee Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
2 dashes cinnamon
Optional Topping: sugar-free pancake syrup

Directions:

Split each bun in half and cut each of those halves into 4 pieces, leaving you with 16 chunks of bread.

In a small bowl, dissolve powdered creamer in 1 tablespoon warm water. Add egg substitute and 1 dash of cinnamon, stirring until mixed well.

Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Dip or soak bread pieces in egg mixture covering them completely. Place egg-dipped bread pieces in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, flipping occasionally to cook all sides.

Remove from heat and plate your nuggets. Sprinkle with another dash cinnamon. If you like, top with some sugarfree pancake syrup.

http://www.hungry-girl.com

The only thing that I would change in some of the recipes it calls for Splenda in which I would use regular sugar since I don't use sugar substitutes. It wouldn't add very many exra calories.

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds delicious!! xx
  • Dianeb412
    Options
    Hey gotta try it- thanks for sharing
    love that Hungry Girl !!!!!
  • rcbulmer219
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Just remember to use Whole Wheat hot dog buns! You'll burn those off faster than processed white bread!
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Just remember to use Whole Wheat hot dog buns! You'll burn those off faster than processed white bread!

Great idea thanks!!