I think i'm going to throw my scale away....

Options
I'm really not liking it. My weight is up one day down the next, then back up ....then down. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day- but I really can't help it...i'm kinda ocd about it, actually. But it's getting so frustrating. I don't even feel like i'm losing inches anymore- but i've been kicking my own butt working out- and eating so good it's ridiculous. I feel like i've been in this 'plateau' for a month now and I just want to scream!!!!!

I'm not going to give up- and I won't . I just want to start seeing results. :\

Replies

• DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Can you try locking your scale in the trunk of your car? Or giving it to someone to hold for you?
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Can you try locking your scale in the trunk of your car? Or giving it to someone to hold for you?

was actually debating giving it to my mom for a few weeks to hold hostage. LOL I'm definitely a compulsive weight checker.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! i once tried to weigh myself every day and I drove myself CRAZY!

I now only weigh myself once a week. One thing to remember always weight at the same time, early am, after you have been to loo and before you have eaten,/ drank anything.

I do not own a scale I weigh in at gym. work much better for me
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Hey hey! i once tried to weigh myself every day and I drove myself CRAZY!

I now only weigh myself once a week. One thing to remember always weight at the same time, early am, after you have been to loo and before you have eaten,/ drank anything.

I do not own a scale I weigh in at gym. work much better for me

Yeah- I do weigh myself at the same time everyday- right after I wake up and go to the bathroom- I really do need to work on cutting back how often I weigh myself though. Maybe I'll put a little note above the scale that says " AHEM! Is this RELALY your weigh in day?! If not- turn around and walk away" or something... lol just a little reminder.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had to get my son to hide my scale in the house on yesterday!! It was driving me crazy! I told him not to give it back for two weeks.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I had to get my son to hide my scale in the house on yesterday!! It was driving me crazy! I told him not to give it back for two weeks.

LOL If my son hid it i'd never find it * he's only 2* Good idea, though!
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    I rely on my measurements more than the scale now after getting on the one at home, the one at work, and the one at the Doctors office within the same 3 hours before eating and all were 5-6 lbs. different from each other. I know I can trust my own measurements more. Now I know if the scale says I lost 5 lbs but my measurements are the same then it’s not accurate and I don’t like thinking I lost 5 lbs. of fat to find out it was just water loss or dehydration that morning. That is the worst.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat - my husband and I had this very conversation yesterday, he is ready to take the scale and hide from me. I have been working hard and being really dedicated for the past 6 weeks but am seeing no change. I am on a no weigh in challenge and am not weighing myself until September. I just want to see if I can let it go and relax about - maybe things will start falling into place. I have a really good routine now and am learning alot about my eating - went from eating too much to not enough. I am getting there and think you should take a break from the scale and enjoy all the other things you are accomplishing :)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya. So frustrated with how slow the weight is coming off. I'm not giving up, but there have been many mornings when I've wanted to throw the scale out the window.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    OMG. I am OBSESSED. I get up go to the bathroom and immediately get on the scale. And I know that it is not an accurate measure of anything. And chastise my doc for using it to determine my fitness level. But I really can't stop weighing myself. For real, smoking was not this hard to give up. I like the idea of locking it in my trunk. I think I will try that... :embarassed:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    OMG. I am OBSESSED. I get up go to the bathroom and immediately get on the scale. And I know that it is not an accurate measure of anything. And chastise my doc for using it to determine my fitness level. But I really can't stop weighing myself. For real, smoking was not this hard to give up. I like the idea of locking it in my trunk. I think I will try that... :embarassed:

I would- except i'd probably just get it out of there and weigh myself in my driveway- put it back in , and lock it up. LOL It really has to be where I can't find it. o_0
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    im the exact same! EVERY SINGLE DAY and theres nothing i can do to stop it its so hard i try my hardest im considering throwing my scale away aswell but then i wouldnt be able to track my weightloss.. i was thinking of giving my scale aswell cause it always upsets me when i step on it n ive gained weight or i get excited cos ive lost n then the next day its different again! horrible having this obsession
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I would- except i'd probably just get it out of there and weigh myself in my driveway- put it back in , and lock it up. LOL It really has to be where I can't find it. o_0

Yep that would be me.. I guess I just have to throw it out!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    youre a human, your weight is supposed to go up and down everyday. throw it away. go by bodyfat % and what you look like in the mirror and how your clothes fit and what the measuring tape says.

quit worrying so much about your gravitational pull and focus on what you look like and what you can do with your body.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Mine is 11, so he better be able to find it! LOL!
  • squires03071986
    squires03071986 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had to get my scales out of the house, my mum now has them and I am allowed on every two weeks lol!! I was becoming mega obsessed!!