Hi there!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm brand new to MyFitnessPal having signed up today. I'm currently 15.5 stone (217 pounds/98.4kilograms) and ideally would like to get to a personal goal of about 12-13 stone. Long way to go but I'm going to take it one step at a time.
I'm a bit nervous but am focussed on losing the weight I've piled on over the years - why did no-one tell me that the old saying "one chocolate bar/pack of crisps/takeaway etc won't hurt" doesn't apply if they're eaten everyday :noway: :mad: :laugh:
Anyway, I'm up for the challenge but unfortunately don't have a huge amount of support. I love all my family and friends and I know they mean well but their constant "but you look fine and don't need to lose weight" comments don't really help much...
Here's to the next week!

Replies

• Goodluck on your journey. I just started here yesterday. I am 219 and my goal os 145. I know you and I both can do this as long as we keep our mind on the prize.
  • tnewt
    tnewt Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck girls! :0)
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    good luck :)
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to find the support you need! I guarantee you will get sympathy if you need it and you will also get that "kick in the behind" we all need sometimes too! I get the same thing all the time too when I tell people I want to loose another 59 pounds to get to my goal, "but you don't need to loose that much, you look fine now", "you'll look sick if you loose that much!" etc. I just smile, thank them for the kind words and remind them that they have not seen me naked! That usually shuts them up!!!!
    It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, you know how you feel and what you have to do to feel better! Just make sure to be totally honest with yourself and log EVERYTHING you eat! And of course drink lots and lots and LOTS of water!!! :drinker: It really is amazing how much difference water makes. It keeps you feeling full, it helps get rid of all the bad stuff your body has been storing and it makes your skin look amazing!! So keep a bottle handy ALL THE TIME!
    You can do this, it won't always be easy, but this site makes it a bit more fun. Good luck, we all look forward to celebrating your progress with you!!!
    Hugs:flowerforyou: