Things starting to taste sweet

Options
Hi
Not sure if it's in my head but wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
One thing I've not stopped is my Pepsi max fix.
I have dropped the amount I drink but not stopped it as I like it and it's a treat.
Anyway, the last few days - after eating properly for over 18 months - it's as though I can taste the syrup it's made from.
it's over powering and sickly.

Would you say it's due to my taste buds becoming more sensitive to flavours? Or that I've just outgrown Pepsi :heart:

i've just opened a can and am less than half way through it and I'm not going to bother with the rest.
Seems weird but I know it's for the best really.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    The less sweet stuff you eat/drink daily, the more pronounced sweet flavors are when you have them. I eat plain yogurt and find the flavored kind to be cloyingly sweet...one year ago, all I ate was flavored yogurt and thought plain was gross. Tastes adjust and get used to your new way of eating. It's a good thing!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The less sweet stuff you eat/drink daily, the more pronounced sweet flavors are when you have them. I eat plain yogurt and find the flavored kind to be cloyingly sweet...one year ago, all I ate was flavored yogurt and thought plain was gross. Tastes adjust and get used to your new way of eating. It's a good thing!

That's what I was thinking but this has come all of a sudden and is overpowering!!

Guess my body might have woken up!!
    I've been going in the wrong direction for a while so this is good!!
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Looks like your body just told you it's no longer considered a treat!
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    That is a good thing. : ) I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. Anybody tried Snapple lightly sweetened?
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    Looks like your body just told you it's no longer considered a treat!

That's fine :O)

I actually suddenly don't like it! weird
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    That is a good thing. : ) I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. Anybody tried Snapple lightly sweetened?

Not sure we can get Snapple in the UK.