Problem mixing in protein powder in smoothies?

Options
Everytime i go to make a smoothie i add in about 2 tbsp of protein powder, and when i try to make it the powder clumps up and won't blend! Has anyone had the same problem, and what do you do to prevent this?? Thank youuu

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bought a cheap mixing cup from Walmart - has a steel whisking ball that mixes everything when you shake it. Cheap.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Make sure you 1)add some moist or liquid ingredients and/or 2) that the protein powder isn't the very first thing you place in the blender(if devoid of moist/liquid ingredients). As a base, I always use 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup coconut milk along with 1/2 scoop (2 tbsp) protein powder - I add a bit more liquid if I add 1/4 cup oats, though.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I find most reasonable quality protein powders to mix quite well. Not like in the olden days (Weider Weight Gain powder - ugh!) Have blender on low with liquid and slowly add powder I guess.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    If I add my almond milk and then protein mix, then yogurt, it mixes pretty well. Just dont put in protein powder first.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This works for me too, first liquid, then powder, then my fruit. Otherwise, it's clumpy,
  • evarose21
    evarose21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i tried it and it helped a lot. thank youuuu!