Flavored Water

Options
Hello MFP! I know plain generic h2o is probably the best for you but what about flavored water? Is that any good for you? Healthy benefits from flavored water? I work in fast food and trying get off the pop but we just got this new machine called cocola freestyle which has 125 different pops including flavored water so I was just wondering if its better to switch to that or just stick with plain old generic water? Advice/suggestions wanted please :)

Replies

• cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    i drink plain old water and I drink sparkling water. I use Mio and Crystal Light. Anything is better than soda and ya gotta start somewhere!
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I don't mind plain water but I just don't want to cut out that flavor of something kind of want to ween off it but not with soda.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP! I know plain generic h2o is probably the best for you but what about flavored water? Is that any good for you? Healthy benefits from flavored water? I work in fast food and trying get off the pop but we just got this new machine called cocola freestyle which has 125 different pops including flavored water so I was just wondering if its better to switch to that or just stick with plain old generic water? Advice/suggestions wanted please :)

Those crystal light packets are like 5 calories but loaded with Splenda...some people react differently to suger substitutes and they also have not been around enough to truly gauge the effect they have on our bodies.

So while the flavored waters are extreamly low calorie, who knows what long term effects they have....I just drink normal filtered water.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do the Great Value Drink Enhancer sold at Wal-Mart. It's the cheap side of MIO. It has no calories and taste good. I'm not much on soda, but I do love my kool-aid with lots of sugar. This as helped me kick that habit.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I get most of my water from Crystal Light flavoured water! I know there are lots of people here who would lynch me, but I'm getting more water into my system than if I didn't!

My favourite saying: "make the better choice until you can make the best choice"
  • 1MoreRep91
    Options
    Stick with good ol plain water :) Crystal Light has aspartame which is an artificial sweetner... 200 times more sweet than regular table sugar!! Hearing things out there that this stuff can cause cancer.. but then again what can't (Cell phones, microwaves, etc) lol but I would try and stay away from anything artificial anyways.. My 2 cents.