Atkins after thyroidectomy

Options
Has anyone lost weight by being on the Atkins Diet after a thyroidectomy? :smile:

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Please be careful doing the Atkins diet sweetie. I don't know anything about not having a thyroid or the diet changes you will have to make, but I got really really sick doing Atkins and didn't lose that much weight. I believe our bodies need carbohydrates to function properly and boost metabolism. Good luck to you! :wink:
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I have had my thyroid removed. My doctor put me on the zone diet. Which is basically 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. I have lost 28 pounds following this plan.
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Please be careful doing the Atkins diet sweetie. I don't know anything about not having a thyroid or the diet changes you will have to make, but I got really really sick doing Atkins and didn't lose that much weight. I believe our bodies need carbohydrates to function properly and boost metabolism. Good luck to you! :wink:

Atkins isn't 'no carbs' it's 'low carbs'. We all have to find what works for us as all our bodies are different!

Maybe the first step would be to consult your doctor OP?
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the help everyone. :smile: