cauliflower crust pizza...cheese?

Options
what type of shredded mozzarella cheese should i use for this recipe? it seems like the cheese is what adds the most fat and calories to this meal...almost making it the same as a regular pizza hut pizza. is there an all around "lower everything" mozzarella that anyone has used? I still want it to taste good.

Replies

• misschrissy18
    Options
    I made this just last week. I used regular cheese, because it was the first time I've made it but I *think* it would be okay to use half fat free and half reduced fat cheese. The cauliflower provides A LOT (too much when I made it) of water for moisture.

If you are like me and like the slightly burned cheese taste, I would recommend making 6-8 smaller crusts, the inside of the crust says fairly soft.

The other thing I will change next time is using a blender or food processor for the cheese and the cauliflower... to get a better consistency throughout the crust.
  • Jenichelle
    Jenichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I made this a few months ago I just used a generic reduced fat mozzarella ( I never know how to spell it) cheese. It didn't seem to make a difference. :)
  • tiaamato
    tiaamato Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks ladies!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    When I made it, I used FF mozzarella.