Negative "Side effects" of weight loss....?

Options
For those who are married or in relationship, has your signifiant other treated u differently after losing weight, as in, giving you a hard time, lack of trust, saying things like "you think you're better than..."
..things of that nature..?

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    No. He is my #1 supporter, as he should be. Sounds like your man insecure.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't dealt with that, but it probably helps that my husband was also losing weight along side me. Sorry!!!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    No. He is my #1 supporter, as he should be. Sounds like your man insecure.

im just wondering, i've heard a few ppl deal with that. (p.s. im as single as a dollar bill... lol )
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    He suddenly seems over paranoyed that I'll leave or something. I think this may have more to do with me taking up new hobbies that he wants no part of. Like going on 30k hikes lol. Cant blame him :p
  • futurestarz
    Options
    not so far...I've only lost 10 lb though. He is constantly telling me how great I look and encouraging me to keep going. He is pretty awesome.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Not at all, my hubby is my biggest supporter. I couldn't do this without him.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    No. We lost weight together. I would seriously question a relationship where the SO says such things (insecurity and trust issues).
  • Mizz_Lenea
    Mizz_Lenea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had this issue years ago with my ex. I lost 50+ pounds and he said to me, "You've lost enough, don't you think?" We broke up soon after. :bigsmile:
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If you mean the side effect is how it increases your significant other's insecurities, not really. My boyfriend cooks for me and everything he does is super healthy.

He also makes junk food like ice cream or bread or vegetable chips but that is because I asked him to!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    No such side effects at the home. My boo isn't crazy out front with his support but he does support me. Most he's said is i'll get skinty and replace him. FAT chance he's so stuck with me lol
  • jendc21
    jendc21 Posts: 5
    Options
    ive just started losing weight and my husbands been flippin out on me already....thinking im gonna leave him and whatnot but he has his own reasons for being paranoid.... but im hoping maybe if i do lose all the weight, eventually he'll realize im doing it to try to be better for me and for him... mostly for me but still =) maybe he'll get inspired to lose weight too...
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I agree, sounds like it could either be insecurities or control issues, or both. Either way, its that persons internal issue to deal with.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My husband is my biggest supporter! He loves the fact that I am getting smaller...to him sexier too! Wish I felt sexier!! Sometimes I do...but he knows I love him for all the support he gives me and that is what matters!!
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think situations where that happens there are already problems- I had the same problem- my relationship was already getting distant after 5 yrs- and when I lost 50 lbs things just started falling apart all over the place. :/ My current man is the most supportive person- He's amazing :3
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Not currently- I have struggled with my weight most of my life (practically all of it, actually) and my ex ( my sons' father) used to say "you don't need to lose weight, I like you how you are" and while i'm glad he said he liked me as I was- I was more concerned with the fact that he didn't feel I need to lose weight (to be healthier) while I was nearly 100 lbs overweight....needless to say, we ended it. I want someone who can support me- and the things I want/ need. I find that a lot of ppl who go thru this with their SO are with someone who is extremely insecure.
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not at all, my hubby is my biggest supporter. I couldn't do this without him.

T H I S! Praise the Lord!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Nope. If anything my bf has been trying to eat better himself. He supports me every step of the way. Yaaaay. :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh no my husband is my #1 fan! He is as excited about my weight loss as I am. No, more! He's mentioned more than once me being in a bikini next summer with this crazed gleam in his eyes LOL :smile:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My significant other is very supportive. She follows the same 'diet' that I do even though she's quite thin and does not need to be as restrictive as I should be. The problem arises when I know she wants dessert but won't have it for my sake. I then feel obligated to give in to it for her sake. Silly, I know.

Sometimes I think I detect a bit of hostility when she wants something I feel I shouldn't have. I've told her to just do want she wants. It'll be a good test of my will power. I see no reason for her give up stuff because of me, as long as she is not purposefully taunting me with it, which I know she would never do.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    No way, my boyfriend loves me for me, with a few extra pounds or how I was when we first met...he's actually doing some of my workouts with me and he always tells me he's proud of me.suppot is really the best!