Grocery shopping..HELP!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm going grocery shopping in a bit and I would love some suggestions/recommendations for healthy foods/snacks to buy. What are some healthy/good foods you guys enjoy eating? Any tips on foods to swap (like regular pasta for miracle noodles, etc.)?

Real quick though: I don't eat red meat, nor like the taste of it (so all those morning star products are lost on me). I do like tofu (I just have never tried cooking it). I'm a chicken and turkey breast kinda girl. I LOVE vegetables (minus mushrooms and olives) but other than that my biggest obstacles in a healthy diet are portion control, getting enough protein with meals and CARB control. I love bread, pasta, potatoes, etc. I've been cutting back but I know there are good carbs out there (and since I'm back to running, I'm going to need some).

SO, once again any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile: Thanks!

Stay beautiful, inside and out <3

Replies

• aeaton0828
    Options
    Bump! I'm having this same problem. Back to 1200 calories this week and dont know what "healthy" stuff to buy for meals and snacks!
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    For pasta you can get sunchoke pasta instead of regular, also known as Jerusalem artichoke.

Brown rice instead of white.
    Quinoa instead of pasta or rice is even better.
    Chia seeds.
    Non-fat plain greek yogurt.
    Fruits.
    Vegetables.
    Low sodium deli turkey.
    All natural white meat chicken breasts.
    Organic, raw, unsalted peanut butter.
    Or better yet try almond butter, hazelnut butter, or sunflower butter.
    Artichoke hearts.
    Mixed raw, unsalted nuts.
    Avocados.
    Natural protein powder (casein for shakes and such, whey for pre and post workouts)
    Skim milk instead of whole, better yet unsweetened soy milk instead of skim, better yet unsweetened almond milk instead of soy.
    Low sodium beans.
    Stevia instead of sugar.
    DO NOT get non-fat salad dressings, get low fat ones. The nutrients in greens are fat soluble.
    Organic, cage-free, Omega 3 Eggs and/or egg whites.
    Omega 3 Fish oil.
    Yogurt with minimum sugar added.
    Kefir.
    Low sodium tuna/salmon.
    Bison.
    Turkey hot dogs.
    Ground, lean white meat turkey.
    Soy burgers/dogs.
  • deentoon
    deentoon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ahh! Thanks so much! That's a great list =)