Starting to lose motivation - looking for support

Options
A little background.....I lost 60 pounds with Weight Watchers a few years ago. Last year I started to gain some of the weight back. After a 15 pound gain, I began using MFP to record my food each day. I faithfully log each meal and have lost 6 pounds so far, but I have started to lose motivation and have begun to slip back into some of my bad eating habits (fast food too often, too many high calorie snacks, too many snacks!).

I would like to add friends for mutual motivation and support!

Replies

• Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    if u will participate and not mind me being honest with you. Then add me I am a great motivator and offer plenty of support.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    You can add me, I have a real hard time staying motivated. Just to easy to fall into old ways, and FOOD just tastes soooooo good.
  • LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been on MFP for over a year almost 2.. and lost 55 pounds. The first year pounds were coming up pretty quickly, then the last 6 to 8 months very slowly. It's like I am comfortable at this new weight and am no longer motivated to stay on track. I really need to exercise, I have every excuse in the book not to exercise. I know it would be better if I could lose another 25 pounds, or at least 15 pounds would be great. Once again I am telling myself today is a new day, start exercising. go go go.. but by the end of the day.. I am tired and do not feel like it... well will do my best tonight, maybe since I wrote it on here I will feel obligated to do it... Have a great day everyone!!!:blushing:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind honesty you can read my 2 cents worth: surround yourself with people you can relate to as ROLE MODELS. THOSE are the people who can call you on your shortcomings and help to pull you through. Don't surround yourself with people you can identify with as those who will not follow through, are failing here and are too lazy to do the work. Those who don't follow through are nice because they won't challenge you and will come to your pity party.

I hope you can find your boot straps and pull them yourself. Nobody can do this for you and it isn't easy. But my suggestion is to read as many success stories as you can find and find people in YOUR situation whom you admire and ARE doing the work. Not those laying on the couch eating donuts because exercise is too hard. You have to decide that you are worth it for yourself.
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind honesty you can read my 2 cents worth: surround yourself with people you can relate to as ROLE MODELS. THOSE are the people who can call you on your shortcomings and help to pull you through. Don't surround yourself with people you can identify with as those who will not follow through, are failing here and are too lazy to do the work. Those who don't follow through are nice because they won't challenge you and will come to your pity party.

I hope you can find your boot straps and pull them yourself. Nobody can do this for you and it isn't easy. But my suggestion is to read as many success stories as you can find and find people in YOUR situation whom you admire and ARE doing the work. Not those laying on the couch eating donuts because exercise is too hard. You have to decide that you are worth it for yourself.

Awesome post! Can I friend you...I need your kind of thinking!