most reliable heart rate monitor

Options
Could you give me your opinions on the best heart rate monitor? I am very interested in having it track calorie usage during exercising. I am currently in week 6 of Insanity:) Thanks for the help.

Replies

• jennewbury
    Options
    Love this gadget!

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/8GB-or-16GB-MOTOACTV/79070,en_US,pd.html

It tracks your steps and calories for the day. Also has a heart rate monitor, GPS and MP3 player.

Pretty cool :) I love mine!
  • jennewbury
    Options
    Oh and a golf buddy if you golf (kind of random, but I use it!)
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Loving my Polar FT7
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    I use a basic Polar watch/HRM, it comes with the chest strap... I love it, and it does what I want it to. But that motorola looks pretty fancy!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Polar FT60 is the best, all polar HRM are awesome. I have tried a couple, the beauty about FT60 is withit you can measure your VO2 max, which helps much more accurately to determine the calorie you burn, I have never heart of HRM that has that until I found this one, it also shows %of fat you burned, and does a ton of other fancy stuff that shows you your performance and performance improvement. I love it, never had issues with it either and lost over 55lbs using it to track my exercise cals.

It uses a chest strap, but it's very comfy in my opinion, I don't even notice it. But do not any HRM that comes with chest strap are more accurate than those that do not have one.
  • Thanks:) I just ordered one for me and my husband, can't wait to get started with it! appreciate your time to answer!