I hope I can do it this time

Options
Hello everyone!! I have been logging foods for about a week now and seem to be doing ok. I am 33 and a mom of 4 and am sick of being fat. It affects everything i do or think. I want to try really hard this time to actually lose the weight. I am feeling overwhelmed because I need to lose at least 100 lbs. I love my kids and want to be around for them as long as I can. My family is very supportive and they love me no matter what. But i dont have to much love for myself. I am hoping with this site I will be able to finally get my life back slowly. Everyone here seems to be so positive, I hope it can rub off on me.:smile:

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a returning user, and I can tell you that MFP is great for support - but make sure you use it! Together, we can accomplish anything :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Don't THINK you can. Don't HOPE you can. Don't PRAY you can. KNOW YOU CAN!!

That is all :)
  • Denisejuneau
    Options
    Like you I am a new user. My daughter in law to be got me set up and I truly think it will work if you work it. Don't be to hard on yourself and take it ONE DAY at a time. Much easier this way. My son will be getting married this November and I just got over 2 acl knee surgeries last November and was told to loose at least 40 lbs. I know I can do it but need the encouragement like everyone else. Let stick together and don't give up even on bad days.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can do it..................remember it takes time and don't discourage if you don't see the results you want quickly..........time......time..........time..........time............... it is not what you eat in one day but what you eat over a period of time. Stay on this site a lot that helps.
  • kerrynev
    kerrynev Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can and we all can, too. Be sure to log all the food you put in your mouth and drink at lease 64 ozs of water. It is better if you drink 80 to 100 ozs of water. Be sure to get up and move.:smile:
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you can do it :smile:
  • spoiled12976
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. I have been exercising and staying under my calories all week (except one day over) so I will keep trying and think positive. I will do it this time (I hope) ok so being positive takes getting used too:blushing: Thank you to everyone :)
  • CountrySweetheart
    Options
    I am new to this site as well, and also have 100 pounds to lose. I finally decided that something else needed to be done because no diet has worked for me so I took a different approach and decided to make a lifestyle change. It's just not realistic to deprive yourself from your favorite foods for the rest of your life. So, I have cut out all the junk and am watching my calorie intake and exercising. I am also drinking 3x's the amount of water that should be consumed on a daily basis which is 192oz. It's hard to get that much water in in one day, but I do it. Good luck with the weight loss. I have already found this site to be very helpful with very nice people to answer any questions you may have.