The curse of the "staycation"

Options
My husband and I are home for 10 days on a "staycation" because we had to cancel our trip due to his hurt back (poor guy). The days are long and sometimes boring, sometimes relaxing and fun. But I find my mind reverting to food all the time and am "grazing" more than ever -- usually with fairly healthy food such a fruit and string cheese, but still... I have 400 cals left for the day and it's only 1:28 pm.

I can make it through till I go back to my normal fulltime work schedule, which works better for me re food control. However, I have to say that with retirement only four years away, I am wondering if I'm going to have major challenges ahead.

Replies

• Jenspark
    Jenspark Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Anytime I'm out of my normal routine especially with a lot of downtime, I find myself thinking more about food. I try to find things to do to keep me away from the kitchen - walking the dog, reading on the deck (or in the tub who eats while soaking in the tub right?). Sometimes its a mind game too - I have to remind myself that I can relax without food (or wine).

I would imagine retirement would be challenging, but I wish i was close enough to consider what that might be like! :smile:
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What about hobbies? I honestly have too many hobbies, I'd love to stay home for a week and dive into all of them.
  • SweetBasil35
    SweetBasil35 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this, too. My suggestion is to KEEP BUSY! Go out for a walk/jog... or several... each day, this will burn a few cals and keep you away from food. :wink: Stock up on fresh fruit and veggies... THROW OUT the junk food! Good luck, honey!
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to stay busy and start some projects. And stock up on fruits and veggies. Sounds good!