Paul Ryan P90X

Options
beckajw
beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
I'm not looking for a political debate. I don't care who you are going to vote for, or why. But I just read on CNN that Paul Ryan does P90X. I did P90X, so I find this a little interesting, but really my thought is who cares what workout plan someone does or doesn't do. What about you--do you care that Paul Ryan does P90X? Do you care what workout plan Obama, Romney or Biden do?

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    do I care? Not really, but I do have to admit I always read the "whats on the cadidate's IPODs" stories
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I find those stories kind of stupid. But I guess it's just another time-waster so if someone finds it interesting, that's ok with me.
  • beckajw
    Options
    do I care? Not really, but I do have to admit I always read the "whats on the cadidate's IPODs" stories

That's me too. I don't care. But, I read the stupid stories anyway.
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but it would be nice if it inspires somebody to start working out.
  • beckajw
    Options
    I don't really care but it would be nice if it inspires somebody to start working out.

Oh thanks! I didn't look at it that way.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    People say they don't care but they care enough to read the post and respond that they don't care. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Paul Ryan does P90X, Michelle Obama does P90X...it makes little difference regarding their fitness for office, however, we do have an obesity epidemic in this country and if those we elect (I know Michelle Obama was not elected, don't jump on me for that, she does have influence however) can influence this country in a positive way regarding fitness and nutrition, it is a huge bonus. We need a huge change in this country to reverse the medical problems and prevention is key. P90X is one of many tools that provides a key to the cure.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options

Agreed! I care for this reason. I think that whenever the press can show someone as a good role model, when it comes to fitness, regardless of the politics, it'a plus.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    People say they don't care but they care enough to read the post and respond that they don't care. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You don't make sense.
  • Reama5
    Reama5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

True.

I came to the thread to see how long until this turned political.
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    I read he has a family history of heart ailments which is what motivates him to stay in shape.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    me 2
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It won't impact the election outcome.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I like to know that my (potential) leaders care about their physical health, especially if they are making decisions about policies that can affect mine. P90X, as many know, takes commitment and serious effort. I think it's cool. Extremely important? Nah, but good for online and dinner table chatter.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I read that Paul Ryan sleeps on a cot in his office when he works in DC instead of renting an apartment. Shows fiscal responsibility and common sense to me.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I read that Paul Ryan sleeps on a cot in his office when he works in DC instead of renting an apartment. Shows fiscal responsibility and common sense to me.

we're getting closer.......
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome! I love hearing about others who are into fitness and getting in shape and I love P90X! I don't care if it's a political person, celebrity, regular Joe...
  • sparkerwallace
    sparkerwallace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that he's keeping in shape, but that in no way changes my oponion of him as a politician or my thoughts on his political and economic views. I agree, though, that it would be awesome if it inspired more people to get in shape.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ben Stiller also does P90X as did Jonah Hill when he lost all that weight. It's a great program!
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't care about their workout routines, I don't care what's on their ipod, I care about their polices that they are more than likely going to change once they get in office...