63 pounds gone for good!

Options
Zalitharia
Zalitharia Posts: 34 Member
I reached my goal last week, I am so happy. I'm 5'6 and started at 188 pounds. Today I'm 125. 63 pounds gone, just over 1/3 of my original weight! It took me exactly 17 months to get there, a lot longer than some of your stories, but it was a fantastic journey and amazing learning experience. I loved every step of the way!

I don't have my photo collage done yet, but I just booked a photo shoot with a friend of mine in 2 weeks and am looking forward to it. :D

Congrats to everyone else with success stories, and keep up the good work for those of you still working at it. The next step for me is strength training and building endurance so I can kick *kitten* in Spartan Race and Tough Mudder! :D

Replies

• TrishRyan
    TrishRyan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! That's amazing and so inspiring!! I am 5'5" my starting weight was 185 lbs my goal is 115 lbs, so we are very similar!!! My current weight is 138.8 lbs so I have about 24 lbs I would like to lose more. How was the last 20-25 lbs for you? Was it hard? I feel like my weight loss is slowing right down, what did you do to help it along? Any advice would be great!!

Congrats once again!!! Enjoy that photo shoot, you deserve it :)
  • twetsuit1969
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post. I started out at 213 and I am now 193 and I would like to lose 63 more pounds. It's nice to know it can be done with a lot of hard work and dedication.
  • Zalitharia
    Zalitharia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! That's amazing and so inspiring!! I am 5'5" my starting weight was 185 lbs my goal is 115 lbs, so we are very similar!!! My current weight is 138.8 lbs so I have about 24 lbs I would like to lose more. How was the last 20-25 lbs for you? Was it hard? I feel like my weight loss is slowing right down, what did you do to help it along? Any advice would be great!!

Congrats once again!!! Enjoy that photo shoot, you deserve it :)

I was actually worried about the last 5-10 pounds since everyone says they are the hardest, My original goal was 140, but when I got to 145 I was still going strong, so I bumped my goal to 130. At 135 I was still doing really good, so I reset my goal to125. At 130 I stalled for about a month. My motivation stalled a bit, and I took a breather. I still ate well and kept running, but I wasn't super strict. Then I realized I might need to kick it up a notch for the last 5 pounds. I started weight training again (I'd stopped about 3 or 4 months before) and the last 5 pound flew off within about 3 weeks!

One of my favorite things to keep track was a graph of my weight every Monday morning for the last 20 months, 3 months before I started making a real effort to lose weight.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5021/graphgx.jpg

It shows the ups and downs, but the overall trend downward over time. It reminds me when I started p90x, Christmas chocolate season, the summer when I wasn't pushing myself as hard, the month when I bumped my calories up to 2500 to change things up and do some strength training, and all the other little achievements and hiccups along the way. I love this graph.

PS. I don't know how to embed images. If someone wants to tell me how I can do that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!