New to all of this! any tips or recipes welcome!

Options
hi there,

Today is my first day, any help, tips, motivation or recipes are so appreciated.

thanks!

Replies

• ddyerii
    ddyerii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on for just over a week now and have already had great results. Feel free to add me if you don't mind some motivation from outside the US :-D
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    What kind of food do you like? I love cooking, and I do *mostly" healthy/low fat/low cal cooking.
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The Recipes forum is a good place to start. Lots of good ideas on those threads.
  • royshaoni
    Options
    Its my first day too, need to loose 50 lbs, motivations, tips, recipes and friends required.
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of cooking. Let me know what some of your favs are.

I did a quick stirfry yesterday with some greek olive oil, salt, pepper, serrano chilis, white onions, ****take mushrooms, yellow bell pepper, fresh tomatoes & artichoke. I add a bit of lemon and fresh cod to it and served with some seltzer water that had all types of fresh fruit & mint in it.

Dinner was divine.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am on day 6 - can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow! Log in every day and commit to tracking everything you eat/drink. Good luck!
  • heartsherps
    heartsherps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just made a delicious chili:

Weight watchers turkey chili

1 lb ground meat (turkey or lean beef)
    1 Can pinto beans
    1 can black eyed peas
    1 can chili beans
    2 cans of rotel
    1 can corn
    1 pack dry ranch seasoning
    1 pack mild taco seasoning
    1 onion (chopped)
    1 Bell pepper (chopped)

Cook meat, onion, and bell pepper until meat is brown and veggies are tender.
    Drain any fat
    Add all other ingredients including liquid from cans and an equal amount of liquid. (may drain corn and add 3 corn cans of water)
    Simmer 45 minutes.

1 cup: ~150 calories

I didn't add any water to it even though it's called for. I like my spices concentrated. Either way a very hearty recipe.
  • CallieHollister
    Options
    Hey I'm new here too! Tips, motivation and recipes would be appreciated!
  • dandoona2013
    dandoona2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, and loving it so far. The community really helps.
  • jodrake5
    jodrake5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Feel free to add me, I've been on for about two weeks now. It's slow going but the support is here. Tips for getting into this community include filling out your profile, uploading your pic, and being positive for yourself and others. This is a community, we can all do it together.

~Joanna