Working my last nerve

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
SO for those of you that saw my post last Friday, a nurse at work had told me "See-I don't think you look like you've gained weight...you look like you've lost. I overheard some nurses saying you look like you've put on weight."

Long story short, I ended up crying in my office because I'm working like a dog and watching what I eat in order to stay in good shape.

SO today, this same nurse starts pretty much telling me how to do my job and insulting how I do my job...she then proceeds to (no joke) raise her voice to me and harass me not once...or twice...but THREE times about this...she is insulting me as a professional and I'm just about to lose my **** and tell her exactly what I think of her.

She's working my last nerve. She's grumpy with everybody and I don't know if I can take it much more.

*gasp*. End of rant. I just hate when people tell me how to do my job AND insult my weight loss efforts...I'm less hurt than Friday. Now I'm just mad.

Replies

• JessigirlJb
    Options
    yes, let the hate flow thru you! - cheesy star wars joke :)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    chicks R weir....ok so why act like a doormat and cry? Tell her what's up?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Just simply look at her and tell her:
    "I really feel sorry for you".
    And leave it at that.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    chicks R weir....ok so why act like a doormat and cry? Tell her what's up?

Well...I did explain the situation today...the weight thing I let go because she's fat and probably just trying to make herself feel better by putting others down...if that makes her feel good about herself...oh well. I and my hubbs know I look good.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    yes, let the hate flow thru you! - cheesy star wars joke :)

Ummm no...freaking awesome star wars reference :)
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    the weight thing is obviously projection. She sees you working hard to lose weight and is likely guilty that she isn't doing the same since she apparently needs it. The antagonistic attitude toward your job performance might also be an indicator of that too. Maybe it makes her feel better about her own inability to lose weight she knows she needs to lose. Don't let it get you down. Obviously the more irritated she gets, the more you are doing well!
  • oldsalty1
    Options
    I am the more ignore her she will go away type...Obviously something is up...If you are doing a good job...and her complaints are not merited...FORGET about her!
    Mom always said...Misery Loves Company....You must have come to work cheerful today!!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Let the haters hate! If she is hating on you then she is obviously jealous of you. Which means your doing something right :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I agree with digitalbill...

just do it.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Since you do have an office, I assume you have some sort of job title which entitles you to that office. You were probably hired for that position because your superiors thought you could handle the job. So, handle it.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I recommend ignoring haters. Don't drop to their level BUT at work if the woman continues to stick her nose in your business - both personal and professional, then you need to bring it to your Human Resources department.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There are obviously a lot of issues going on with her. No matter what her problem is though, you have the right to work in piece and not feel harassed. I would tell you what I just told my daughter about her first job; no one has the right to speak to you rudely or try to intimidate you. Stay calm and look her dead in the eye and say "Thank you for being concerned about my role, however you may not speak to me in a way that is offensive and rude" and just wallk away. She will be standing there all steamed up yet you will be gone. If she were to follow you, you need to get HR involved. It doesn't matter what position she is or you are, there is a proper way to give feedback if appropriate. Even if she were your superior, tolerating that is not an option. I would not engage in any conversation with her that is not necessary.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Like Wolf said, don't be a doormat. Tell the b!tch what's up.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'd go to who ever is above her and have a serious talk, this is not what anyone should be having in the work place and you shouldn't under any circumstances take it!

Try and be the better woman in the mean while and think about how ignorant people get when they see others doing well. Remember you're doing alot of hard work and just because she says she can't see doesn't mean it's not there!

A woman who works for my concession's host store said that it looks like I've gianed weight I started this, I laughed and said the scales don't lie and I lost nearly two stone!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Have you brought this up with your superiors?? I'd report her as it's unnessasary (Can't spell that word right haha) and is obviously upsetting you!! You shouldn't have to work in those kind of conditions.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    yes, let the hate flow thru you!

and then channel that energy to your fist...then ram said fist repeatly in her forehead!

...figuratively , , , (maybe)
  • tdlsaint
    tdlsaint Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just blankly stare at her while she's running her mouth and when she stops just say " Oh, sorry , for some reason when you're around I think about jelly donuts, I didn't hear a word you said ".

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm .............. jeeeeeeeeeeelllllyyyyyyy...........
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just simply look at her and tell her:
    "I really feel sorry for you".
    And leave it at that.

This, or just smile, and walk away...
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just blankly stare at her while she's running her mouth and when she stops just say " Oh, sorry , for some reason when you're around I think about jelly donuts, I didn't hear a word you said ".

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm .............. jeeeeeeeeeeelllllyyyyyyy...........

hahaha yes! Some people are just miserable, and want everyone else around them to be miserable too... I feel sorry for her and I don't even know her...
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Most HR people I've ever worked with (and most supervisors, etc) prefer you attempt to work out your issues with the co-worker you have them with before you bring it to someone else's attention.

Some people take stuff out on you and are unhappy and project that without even realizing it. It might help to ask this lady into your office and just be confrontational in a professional way. Tell her what you perceive, ask her to express her issues if she has them in a professional way, and then make it clear to her that you won't continue to tolerate this behavior toward you in the future. After that, if she continues, especially making comments about your physical appearance, report her to your superiors and be sure to tell them how you attempted to handle it in person first.