Low Cal Snacks

Options
So, basically I was wondering what are some good low cal-ish snacks that I can nibble on while I'm watching something tonight which lasts about 3 hours.

Something cheepish that I can get at my local co-op.

I know I shouldn't really be snacking while I'm watching tv although I have around 700 cals stored up from going gym and eating light.

Thanks

Replies

• helen0616
    Options
    What kind of stuff do you like? Ever tried quinoa?

I like quinoa cooked with broth or water, mix in some salsa, and eat it with raw peppers and other veggies like a dip. Makes me feel like I'm eating chips and dip kind of.

As far as something you can snack on for 3 hours... that's a lot of time to eat mindlessly. Maybe make yourself a few little things and finish one, wait 30 min, have another, etc?

Sweet or salty? Spicy? how much time do you want to invest into preparing it?
  • raph123
    raph123 Posts: 12
    Options
    What kind of stuff do you like? Ever tried quinoa?

I like quinoa cooked with broth or water, mix in some salsa, and eat it with raw peppers and other veggies like a dip. Makes me feel like I'm eating chips and dip kind of.

As far as something you can snack on for 3 hours... that's a lot of time to eat mindlessly. Maybe make yourself a few little things and finish one, wait 30 min, have another, etc?

Sweet or salty? Spicy? how much time do you want to invest into preparing it?

I've got a sweet tooth - and yeah it's a long program. So basically imagine I'd be at a movie in a cinema.

And I'd prefer not to have to prepare it.
  • helen0616
    Options
    No prep, sweet, and lasts 3 hours.
    I'm afraid I'll be useless on this one.
    What about buying a container of pre-cut fruit from the produce area/ That's a lot of sugar though...
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How about a couple of lollipops? In between them, have some sugar free gum.

Good Luck!
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    what about air popped pop-corn? no salt, tiny bit of butter. Just put 1/4 cup unpopped pop corn in a brown bag, fold over once, tape shut, place in microwave with flap side up, and microwave for about 4 minutes. and viola! :drinker:
  • smnassise
    smnassise Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love watermellon. It's filling and satisfies my sweet cravings much of the time. But if you have a SERIOUS sweet tooth, like a 'if I don't have an eight inch brownie sundae right now I'm going to pass out" kind of sweet tooth, perhaps try a sugary cereal. It's not the healthiest choice, but, for example a small, single serving box of Fruit Loops (1 cup) is 110 calories.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Not sure what a "local co-op" means, and 700 is enough calories for a large meal, let alone a small snack.
    Eat light popcorn, tiny pretzels, fruit, veggies with yogurt dip, mini rice cakes (flavors). There are tons of "cheepish" options.