Hello All!

chellbroom
chellbroom Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Word is that newbies should say hi so here I am :). Not new to dieting or weight issues. Have been dealing with this since I was little. Lowest I have ever been is 175 lbs and that has been 3 different times. the last 6 years have been completely life changing. Got divorced, graduated college, met my soul mate and married him and turned 40 last year. But in the process went form 175 to 235lbs. Now it is time to concentrate on my health so I can be a positive model for my children, and live a complete and full life with my husband. Ok enough prattling, lol. This site has been really easy to use so far and more user friendly than any others I have used. Really looking forward to meeting other people with the same challenges and goals and possibly make some new friends. Have a awesome day!:happy:

Replies

• Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Hello, I like many others aren't new to dieting. I would like to welcome you. Change is going to come but it doesn't come easy or overnight. You are going to have to work hard and stay committed. I wish you the best of luck.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey
  • What a great site my daughter has turned me onto. I like most of you have this amazing body that is
    buried "somewhere" inside me. Now I want to find it and bring it out!! Im what they call an emotional
    eater. I can go the entire day good as gold, but when the front door shuts, and the comfy clothes
    come on, the outside world locked away...I turn into a munchie monster. I have a wonderful event
    coming up this year....my only child is getting maried in November, so what better time to embarke on
    my FINAL weight loss attempt. This is the one, this is the site, these are the people...this one will work!!
    Lood forward to friends, chat and possibly all of us on OPRAH Hahahaha.....(never know).
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade icecream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    What a great site my daughter has turned me onto. I like most of you have this amazing body that is
    buried "somewhere" inside me. Now I want to find it and bring it out!! Im what they call an emotional
    eater. I can go the entire day good as gold, but when the front door shuts, and the comfy clothes
    come on, the outside world locked away...I turn into a munchie monster. I have a wonderful event
    coming up this year....my only child is getting maried in November, so what better time to embarke on
    my FINAL weight loss attempt. This is the one, this is the site, these are the people...this one will work!!
    Lood forward to friends, chat and possibly all of us on OPRAH Hahahaha.....(never know).

One of my main motivations for losing weight was MY one and only child's upcoming wedding. I wanted to look good in the formal family pics, and, thanks to MFP, I DID! :wink: :laugh: I'm sure you will too, just stick with MFP, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Thanks for all the warm welcomes. One of my big challenges is my DH loves carbs and thinks we have them at every dinner, and we have 4 kids who are all in good shape and have the metabolisms of sprint runners. My biggest biggest challenge is exercise. When I met my DH I was working out for 45 min on the elliptical and doing a 1/2 hr of weights 5 days a week at the local YMCA. Now I am lucky if I have time after dinner, helping with homework, laundry and dishs all AFTER working 8 hrs and commuting for 1-1/2 hrs. I know these are all excuses and I have become aware of that. Now it is just time to drop the excuses and make it work. We don't have a treadmill or elliptical at home and we live way in the country so there is not sidewalks to walk on to get my time in. But I do have a Leslie Samson walking tape and my new exercise ball and my kids PS2 so I will use those as much as possible and take each day as a new day.
This discussion has been closed.