Keurig Owners - Question

Options
2»

Replies

• Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am a Keurig expert! You most likely need to descale your machine. They make a cleaner you can run through the machine to take care of this. Also don't take the whole resrevoir off to fill it, just fill it from the top with a pitcher of water. It says PRIME because the water reservoir isn't seated in the slot properly and it isn't able to pull the water in to the machine. If the water reservoir is seated properly and it still says PRIME then turn of and unplug your machine for a minute then plug back in and turn on and it should reset itself. Good Luck!

REBOOT, it always works!!! I am an IT GEEK!!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You need to clean or descale it. Most likely, something is blocking the water from going through properly, so you need to thoroughly clean it out, run water as hard as possible through all of the openings to get rid of any possible grinds that are stuck in there. It should also tell you what to do in this case, in in the user manual, or at least my manual does.
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    We have the same issue. My husband did a lot of research on it, and found that the problem happens most often from too much air in the line, and one thing you can do is essentially turn the machine upside down and "burp" it, but also to keep the reservoir full at all times. It wouldn't hurt to descale your machine either.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am a Keurig expert! You most likely need to descale your machine. They make a cleaner you can run through the machine to take care of this. Also don't take the whole resrevoir off to fill it, just fill it from the top with a pitcher of water. It says PRIME because the water reservoir isn't seated in the slot properly and it isn't able to pull the water in to the machine. If the water reservoir is seated properly and it still says PRIME then turn of and unplug your machine for a minute then plug back in and turn on and it should reset itself. Good Luck!

this is what happened to me. I was taking the resrevoir off to fill it. Since I have been filling it from a pitcher it's been fine.
  • JoninaB13
    Options
    I would suggest giving the machine a "good" cleaning. Mine has not had an issue like this one but it did have what appeared to be some sort of clog.....
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    The manual says that when this happens you should:

Completely remove the water reservoir and thoroughly clean it. Ensure that it is fully filled with water and return it to the brewer, ensuring that it is seated properly.

If you have completed this process twice and it continues, they suggest calling customer service. Hope this helps!
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Where can I buy this stuff to clean/descale it? Will Macys have it? Thats where the machine was bought. My husband got it for me for Christmas last year, so its less than a year old. Don't know if we have the receipt anymore...
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I can't answer your question. I drink way to much coffee to think that paying $1 per cup is remotely worth it.
  • liss125
    liss125 Posts: 77
    Options
    Where can I buy this stuff to clean/descale it? Will Macys have it? Thats where the machine was bought. My husband got it for me for Christmas last year, so its less than a year old. Don't know if we have the receipt anymore...

I know they sell something to clean it. But, you could try running white vinegar through it. It's a cheap solution. Also, if you are on Pinterest, they have tutorials for cleaning your Keurig.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it says prime…could be a glitch in reading the water level. But I do know mine only lets me make one cup at a time and then blink to be refilled and I add just a little more water and it's fine. Had mine for 2 years.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I can't answer your question. I drink way to much coffee to think that paying $1 per cup is remotely worth it.

I started going back to my original coffee maker with the glass coffee pot because I realized the same thing…a lot of money for as much as I drink. But for a special treat and ice tea and hot chocolate it is pretty good.