Thyroid Adrenal Gland Question...Metagenics Adrenogen

Options
I've been hypothyroid for years and take Levoxyl. My symptoms have never completely gone away but I do not have insurance so I'm not able to go in like they would like me too, every 2 months to get lab work done. So I deal with probably a dose that isn't quite high enough.

It was suggested that I begin taking Adrenogen by Metagenics - a supplement that supports your adrenal glands. I've been taking it for about 4 days now.

Here's my question (and I have googled it too but can not find much except all the sites you can order this stuff from!!), can it cause insomnia? Has anyone ever taken it before? For the past 2-3 nights I have gotten little sleep. I am exhausted, I will yawn so much and so hard that I get tears running down my face but can not fall asleep!!! It's crazy. I went to bed at 9:30 last night and was lying there until almost 4 am. NOT ONE ounce of sleep until after that. THEN I was up at 7:30. Not by choice, I just woke up.

It's not like I feel wired or anything I feel incredibly tired just can't go to sleep.

I only have one cup of coffee a day - I don't even ever finish it, usually it ends up in the microwave to reheat and I forget about it, reheat again, forget about it etc etc so that I never finish it. I do not drink soda so no caffeine there either.

Any ideas???

Replies

• rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'll see what I can find. So far I've found the same as you, just advertisements.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    THANKS!! I'm so rummy that I'm just not able to focus on research!!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I found on various topics for different medicines that supposedly do the same thing that insomnia is a side effect and that it should go away as your body gets used to the added supplement.

I'd say if it doesn't even out in a week or so, call the doc and get checked out or stop taking it.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I found on various topics for different medicines that supposedly do the same thing that insomnia is a side effect and that it should go away as your body gets used to the added supplement.

I thank you for taking your time to look into it. I think I will cut back to maybe 1 pill a day - I was taking 3. I will give it a week.
  • durhman4
    durhman4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i had testing done before I took Adrenogen and learned that my adrenals were lagging in the morning and firing in the evening so I need to take it in the morning. I take two tablets in the morning. I would strongly recommend you get yourself tested. My chiropractor gave me a saliva swab test and I believe you can order one online and send it in yourself. I was glad to have my chiropractor decipher the results and recommend the best treatment. (Not sure what company she used for the saliva test.)
    Good luck!