Zumba what???

Options
Ok yeah I have heard people talking about Zumba but what is it? dancing??

Replies

• brainache78
    Options
    It's a latin based dance workout which raises your heart rate. It's pretty easy to pick up the steps and it is designed for weight loss and toning, so some routines involve small weights.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    youtube it and you'll see some clips of a class
    its really fun! a cardio work out using latin style music and a LOT of wiggling/gyrating. In fact, about half my class looks like simulated sex movements :D:D:D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    youtube it and you'll see some clips of a class
    its really fun! a cardio work out using latin style music and a LOT of wiggling/gyrating. In fact, about half my class looks like simulated sex movements :D:D:D

X.X haha ok will look it up :D
  • meeper123
    Options
    THT LOOKS HARD!!! I would look so um clumsy lol
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I actually have the DVD's and the Wii Game. I am not coordinated but can do this and so can you. It is fun and nobody cares if you are exactly like them. My hips will never move like that! Having fun while you exercise and burn calories

I highly recommend trying it.
  • meeper123
    Options
    I actually have the DVD's and the Wii Game. I am not coordinated but can do this and so can you. It is fun and nobody cares if you are exactly like them. My hips will never move like that! Having fun while you exercise and burn calories

I highly recommend trying it.

I want to it looks SO fun!!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you get the DVDs, you can use the instructional DVD until you get used to the steps. Then you just progress from beginner to advanced. Some of the YouTube videos show advanced classes. :)

I believe Wii or PS3 (one of those) has a Zumba game.
  • nhernan6
    nhernan6 Posts: 21
    Options
    I love Zumba! They even have it for the Wii - We have Zumba and Zumba 2. It is a fun workout!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Then do it!!! You can look for a class in your area or if you have a Wii or Xbox rent the game if you prefer to do it at home. They do have learn the steps sections on the Wii.

I am an at home work out person because I am highly allergic to cologne and perfumes. They cause severe asthma attacks and breathing is important when doing Zumba. :happy:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    THT LOOKS HARD!!! I would look so um clumsy lol

Personally, I really have more fun in the class. The atmosphere and energy is great! Don't worry about how you look. Everyone has been a beginner and we all felt the same way. Once you get used to it, it infectious!! Not to mention and calorie torcher!!

LOVE ZUMBA!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best! Love it, my instructor is very high energy so it is an intense workout! I have her class tomorrow!!! So excited!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I have both games for the XBox Kinect, and I found a local class that is donation based, so not very expensive. It is so much fun. I love the music because they generally choose popular stuff.
  • L_jo
    L_jo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! They even have it for the Wii - We have Zumba and Zumba 2. It is a fun workout!

I bought Zumba fitness 2 for my Wii. Love it. My friend rents hers from Gamefly for her Xbox. I am not kidding when I say , I can't wait to go home from work just to do it. I have done choreographed routines in the past and some are harder than others to pick up, but you will. As long as you are moving and gettin that heart rate up, you will be doing exactly what you intended to.. Burn them calories baby! Good luck!
  • meeper123
    Options
    Alrighty I'll buy the Wii game and give it a shot :) I am doing Insanity too might just do it with it :)