Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yikes!
  • Lulu4597
    Lulu4597 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me!?? Wth is wrong with people today?? and on here?? A harmless website for motivating people?? I hope that M*er f*k gets arrested or something that is just wrong! Living one hr from SF is scary enough. Thank you for being a good citizen and looking out for that! What a wack job! I swear society is going down and people are just going crazy! Not cool...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I am curious as to what the outcome is going to be.

The last time I was in a forum where something similar occurred (on another site a woman threatened suscide), they used the ip address to find the woman and save her life, it made it into the news. I'm sure if something comes of it, it will make it into the news as well (as long as mfp gives up what info they have on the user). I would hope that if this notification becomes of something it would become news, as it may encourage others to do the same if they see something similar.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That is so not funny. If it was meant as a joke, it's just sick. Especially when horrible occurrences such as this are happening more often. :frown:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    We have had now four shootings since the Sikh temple here. It seems to have started more.

Did you alert Mike & Steven from MFP so they could get the proper information??
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Better safe than sorry.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    That is a very courageous and wonderful thing you did!!! Even if the person was joking that is a sick joke considering what is going on in the world today. Better safe than sorry. And if he wasn't joking maybe they can get some help!!! Good for you!!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i am glad you reported it if more people did this we might have less things happen. Good job
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I am honestly getting scared to leave my house. Never know where something like this might happen next. I'm moving back to my college campus in a few days and there have been more of these senseless shootings at schools and around young people than anywhere else.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, there was just a shooting today at Texas A&M. No clue as to casualties.

The gunman has been taken into custody. One officer was shot and killed. A male civilian has been pronounced dead and a female victim is in surgery.

Update: "Suspect (shooter) confirmed dead."
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow...what is wrong with people? In my town, a gunman walked into Burlington Coat Factory and shot at an employee this morning.

I pray that what you've done puts a stop to another lunatic's plans to shoot at innocent people.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    what did they say

A new member with only 1 post said they were going to SHOOT THE PLACE UP. Gave an address in CA and then said "I'M GONNA KILL HIM."

I was quite alarmed. I responded to the post, saying that I was calling the cops and then called 911 and by the time I refreshed the page, the thread was gone.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Ironically enough, there was just a shooting today at Texas A&M. No clue as to casualties.

The gunman has been taken into custody. One officer was shot and killed. A male civilian has been pronounced dead and a female victim is in surgery.

Update: "Suspect (shooter) confirmed dead."

I saw that on the news today. I couldn't help but think of what I saw last night.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I hope that the person was not serious but I think they should still be punished.

Is there any way to flag a post so that MFP can zero in on a poster and possibly track them? I know on a pregnancy forum I belonged to, the owners were able to trace the IP address and ferret out the trolls and those that were looking to take advantage.

Yes, there is a way. My wife use to work for a company that did alot of computer sales and says there is definitely a way to narrow the IP address.