guilty for not working out?

Options
Hi everyone
I was just wondering if anyone felt like I do when they don't work out?

Today was suppose to be my resting day, but I felt really guilty for not working out ...every time I ate I would feel even more guilt, so eventually I just went out and started working out to stop the feeling of guilt...does anyone else feel like this when thay don' work out?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I slightly panic if I don't do something even if it's just a walk. Had bad hangover oday but I still did power plate :smile:
  • sophiedalton22
    sophiedalton22 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i feel like this every day, i get quite obsessive and feel i should do something. anything!! on my 'rest days' i end up swimming or playing tennis, so not really a rest at all. but i suppose working out every day doesnt matter as long as it isnt at 100% effort every time?
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Yes. I skipped my c25k this morning because I went to bed really late last night and I feel awful about it. The only consolation is that I will be doing a ton of chores tonight including laundry (walking up and down 4 flights of stairs carrying clothes) and I will make up my run tomorrow. I don't really take rest days during the week and I prefer it that way.
  • racerscottw227
    Options
    I feel a bit of guilt too, but I try to split up my workout so I don't have too many "rest" days. And even on my rest days I try to do some walking. I usually end up walking on the treadmill while watching a movie. I also try to do ab exercises every day. So even on my "rest" days I'm burning some calories.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Even if I had/have a valid reason to not work out I do feel guilty. Heck even on my off days from cal counting I feel guilty.
    Shows you're committed as far as i see it. Do your best and you'll succeed.
  • finbanana
    Options
    Thanks i'm so happy i'm not the only one that feels that way ^.^
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I do as well so on my "rest days" I walk the dogs more often. My body still gets exercise from the walking but gets a break from intense exercise so it can recover.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You know what? I skipped the gym all weekend and had zero guilt! I think it was good for me. I work out quite a bit and realized that missing one weekend won't kill me. Try to not feel guilty! You are doing great!
  • finbanana
    Options
    Okey thaks i'll try although it is really hard >.<
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Yesterday was a rest day for me. It felt good to relax, but my mind said go jump on the Wii atleast. I have become obsessed with working out. I love seeing my results and it keeps me coming back.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Oh i do all the time and when I don't do my workout I double it the next day
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i feel horrible if i miss a day. one day my daughter was sick and i couldnt go to the gym. felt mentally drained! i wouldn't call it guilt, but i don't feel "right" unless i work-out or exercise!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I always eat back my calories....so if for whatever reason I cant make the gym...my count is completly wrecked for that day. Fortunately those days are very few.
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    Sometimes I get obsessive over working out and calorie counting, but then I remind myself that rest days are good for me, and it's the only way my body can heal and make progress. Then I just try not to think about it and I do something else to distract myself. Just tell yourself that it's good that you're motivated, and you can use the motivation to kill your workout tomorrow. :)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I try hard to not to feel guilty about working out because I also know that 'resting' is just as important as working out. Your body needs time to recover as you are reshaping your body. God even rested. I tell myself somtimes...