Shooting for a healthy & fit pregnancy - anyone else?

Options
Hi,

My name is Brandi. I am pregnant with my 4 child. My other children are 4.5, 3, and 1 year. This will be my last, and I got into the best shape of my life after my third child was born. My goal during pregnancy is to avoid gaining all 50 pounds I had gained with the other three and stay in good physical shapes so that I can get back to "the best shape of my life" and better after number 4 is born! I am due in August (7 weeks along)

Anyone else here with similiar goals?

Brandi

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I am for when we decide to have our next one. I was one of those silly first timers who tought "I'm pregnant I can eat whatever I want when I want!" I balooned from 140 to 206 on the day I had her. How emberrassing... but no need to stay in the past! I'm well on my way to a healthier me, and I know the things NOT to do while pregnant the next time around.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    During my last pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. My doctor told me, "if the good Lord didn't grow it, then you don't need to eat it." After following that advice, I actually lost 14 pounds during my third trimester and never felt hungry. My sugar was perfect and I ended up gaining a total of 34 pounds. With my first two children, I gained 40-50 pounds each so this was a nice little surprise.
  • familyfit
    Options
    mamaturner,

I also used my first pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I felt like, but my second and third I really tried hard to stay under 50 and was unsuccessful. It really feels like it doesn't matter what I do I will land at a 50lb gain no matter what. I usually gain the most during my first trimester, so far I haven't gained a thing, so I am very excited! However, I still have 5 weeks to go. One day at a time though!

Poustotah,

That is great advice! LOL Congrats on the low gain with your last :) I love your pics of your kiddos. I am going to try to get all 3 of mine to take a pic with me for my profile. That is always a challenge!
  • aurablue
    Options
    Hi there. I'm not planning on having any more babies but wanted to chime in. I was about 25lbs overweight when i got pregnant with my first and really made a conscieous effort to eat well and get my booty moving. Not so much for the weight but more because I wanted him to have the best possible start and fruits, veggies and fish will totally do that :). I gained 24 with him and then felt the same way about my daughter and gained 27. You can do it, especially if you look at what your putting into your body as building blocks for the baby. Yopu have a great attitude and even if you are built to pu on more then average weight at least you now know how you can get it off. Good luck!!
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm am planning to have a healthy & fit pregnancy. I haven't been able to exercise because I'm so tired lately and I still can't eat much. I'm hoping all of this will change as I go into my 2nd trimester. I have a membership to the local YMCA and I plan to use it. I am determined to be heatlhy.