FRUSTRATED

Options
I tried a new exercise DVD and I just checked to see if my measurements were any different. NO CHANGE. UGH. I want to do something that works. So far nothing I try seems to make much difference.

Replies

• mary1127
    mary1127 Posts: 37
    Options
    I tried a new exercise DVD and I just checked to see if my measurements were any different. NO CHANGE. UGH. I want to do something that works. So far nothing I try seems to make much difference.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Share with us more of what you're doing--calories eating, calories burned, etc.

Sometimes it takes time to get your metabolism revved up, too. For the first few weeks, I only lost 4 pounds total but the last few weeks, I have been losing about 4 pounds a week.

Our bodies all react somewhat differently,too, depending upon age, how much we have to lose, etc. Give it time and you'll see a difference! I can tell you, your body inside is feeling different if you're eating healthier, even if it's not looking different on the outside.
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    I really really like The Firm DVD's. You have to purchase the step that comes with it because it has three components that are unique to The Firm but if you have free weights then you'll be all set. It combines strength training with aerobics so you burn calories faster. I have been doing it for about 5 years on and off and I am always in better shape when I am on. They have a lot of their DVDs on their website for fairly cheap. You may want to give it a try :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Um, what do you mean "tried"? How long have you been using it for? I mean, you can't expect measurement changes in weeks, it's more of something that takes months. Totally worth it, but still, months is the only way to think about this stuff.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Um, what do you mean "tried"? How long have you been using it for? I mean, you can't expect measurement changes in weeks, it's more of something that takes months. Totally worth it, but still, months is the only way to think about this stuff.
  • mary1127
    mary1127 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have been working out with exercise DVD's for years. Since I've turned 45 ish I've gained weight and it won't come off. I do enjoy the FIRM DVD's they are some of the best DVD's on the market.

I just never get the results that I would like. I'm having a frustation couple of days.