Water Zumba

Options
I was invited to water zumba on wednesday. I wanna hear from people who have gone. Did u like it? is it worth the 30min drive, or should I stick to my 2 mile run in my community? I'd like to hear from u!

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Its a fail all around, only the people who are indoctrinated that zumba is an actual work out will defend it.

You are better off running, especially having to travel so far.
  • eboothby
    eboothby Posts: 24
    Options
    I do the regular Zumba and I tried the Water Zumba. The water Zumba did nothing for me, it is slower and quite boring. I also have done aqua jog that is done in the deep end with noodles and water weights, I found that harder and my legs felt like rubber when I got out of the pool. I wouldn't drive for the Water Zumba.

Just my opinion...
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have an additional question similar to yours..

I know some people say it's not a "real" workout.. but my mom is seeking a 'work out' that will keep her lower body in motion. Her doctor says if she doesn't, her leg will become paralyzed and she hates physical therapy. He recommended swimming. Does anybody know if this would be good and low impact for her?

Her injury is never going to heal, so this is solely for damage control at this point and to keep her active.
  • eboothby
    eboothby Posts: 24
    Options
    Water Zumba is pretty low impact. Plus she can go as hard or as easy as she wants. She should contact the local Y they have different classes for the elderly that are low impact in the water and also swimming just for older people with no kids around