BodyMedia Armband Question

Options
Hello everyone!

I just recently found out abount the existence of this type of monitors like the BodyMedia Core, or the bodybugg. I just find them a bit steep in price and then, on top of it, I still have to pay a subscription??? Are you kidding me?

So, I was wondering, does anybody own one of these? Will they really not work unless I have a subscription? or is there some way around that?

Are there any other, more cost-effective ways of tracking everyday calories accurately? Or Will a Heart Rate Monitor do pretty much the same, even if its just when I'm working out?

All opinions and suggestions are very much welcome

Thanks!!!! :D

Replies

• yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Guess nobody knows about these... lol
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Somebody? Anyone??? LOL
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    No idea, but I'll bump it for you :smile:
  • Mjbiggs66
    Mjbiggs66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to purchase one. If I do, I will post a review!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia Fit and HRM's are two different things entirely.. so you need to decide what you want it for.

If you want to track calories all day, then you need to go with BMF or Fit BIt.

If you want to track calories while exercising, then an HRM should suit you fine.

Just throwing it out there that no device is 100% accurate, and that there is always a margin on error.
  • ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitibit and I love it! It is $100 but there is no subscription to it. It even links into MFP which is really convenient. Here's the website for it:

http://www.fitbit.com/product

Let me know if you have other questions! :)
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi yaryrosa,

Yes, we offer a subscription package so that we can continually update and improve our Activity Manager without users having to download updates. Since we monitor four different metrics in order to calculate your calorie burn (instead of a heart rate monitor which will not give you a picture of how many calories your unique body is actually burning), you should find us to be the most accurate calorie calculator on the market.

Hope this helps!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I have a BMF. Yes you need to pay the monthly subscription or you won't get to see any of your info. You will get 3 months free then it goes to about $7 a month after that.