NROL for Women

Options
Anyone doing it, or tried it and what results did you get?? Thinking about trying it.

Replies

• chalice1
    Options
    NROL (for women) is a great program, especially if you are new to lifting weights. The program is devised so that eery few weeks you change up the routine (good). NROL is more about FUNCTIONAL lifting rather than lifting for specific muscles (also good). Very focused on core strength and multiple muscle groups. I would recommend the program without hesitation.
    *anna
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Before I buy it...what does it exactly have in it? Does it have workouts? Does it show you how to do the moves? I'm completely new to lifting and don't know the first thing about it. But I need to add some weight training along with my tapout I've been doing, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not going to help me.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5182-new-rules-of-lifting-4-life

There is a group - not too sure how active they are at this point.

I did it while I had a gym membership and had good results with strength improvement and better difinition.

I'm currently doing strong-lifts5x5 at home - there is a group doing that as well - I'm liking that even better - three lifts three times a week - only five moves to learn

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I've just started.

Yes - it has a complete 6 month (at 3 workouts per week) programme, and images that clearly show the moves including alternatives if you don't have what you need at the gym. Also it goes through the theory behind lifting and has an eating programme as well with dietary suggestions.

It's well worth it - in only two sessions I am feeling the use of muscle groups all over - which is the whole point, using the body as it is meant to rather than muscles in isolation,.

This group is pretty active -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • chalice1
    Options
    I have the book. Never joined a group. The book is very comprehensive and shows every move in detail. They are very serious about good form! What I did was get the book from my library before I decided to buy it... I don't often find that I like books well enough to purchase them, however, I felt NROL for women was excellent and did purchase it (used from ABE.com). Good luck.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've decided whether to buy the book or not, but NROLFW will definitely give you results. At least if you measure by strength, but probably also if you're measuring body fat %, and shrinking body measurements.

I just finished stage 4, and I've lost 2 jeans sizes (from 18 to 14) and 2" off my waist. I've only lost 7 lb. on the scale since April, but I'll take it! :happy: