Ladies!! How much protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Currently doing 40/20/40 (protein/carb/fat).

My trainer has me working with ~10 cal/lb body weight for my daily calorie goals, 1g protein/lb of body weight, and not more than 1/2 g/lb for carbs. I'm in the gym 4xweek.

Me. This.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    MFP is a little low on protein estimates. This I had to research because of my own health concerns. For someone with two healthy kidneys, an easy rule of thumb is one gram of protein per kilo of weight. If you are doing heavy weight lifting, you can go well higher.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You need to eat AT LEAST your body wgt in protein. We are all supposed to eat 1-1.5 grams of protein for every lb just to MAINTAIN lean muscle mass. That's not even to build additional!

Let me know if you need any references, shoot me a PM.

Best of luck in your journey
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Currently doing 40/20/40 (protein/carb/fat).

My trainer has me working with ~10 cal/lb body weight for my daily calorie goals, 1g protein/lb of body weight, and not more than 1/2 g/lb for carbs. I'm in the gym 4xweek.

Me. This.

Me too and most of my carbs are veg carbs with lots of fiber. I never eat white bread, pasta and seldom have any potato.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm 80kg, with a bum knee so can't excersise.
    I used to get around 40 g per day,
    But i just got some protein powder and now i'm aiming for 80 to 120 g per day.

I'm hoping that its enough for my knee to heal, but no significant change after 3 weeks.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am set to 45% carbs, 25% protein, 30% fat, so on sedentary days where my calories would be 1670, that is 104g protein.
    But I tend to do at least an hour of cardio, often more, 6 days a week so usually end up getting between 100 and 140g protein.
    I don't want to build muscle but I find protein to be pretty filling and tend to eat a lot of fish and dairy which adds it up. I reach this without using protein powder.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at least 100+g of protein a day. I'm 5'4", 107 and on 1800+ calories a day. (I work out 4-6 times a week, inc lifting)
  • MustangGirl05
    Options
    My Trainer recommended 120-130g per day - I am 5'3" 109 lbs, work out 6 days a week, 3 days Cardio with 3 days of Resistance...trying to build muscle & have good results with that amount.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    100 grams minimum per day. Most days I am around 130-140.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Find your lean body weight and multiply it times 1.14. That's how much u eat.
    I'm 127.4lbs 29.6% body fat (unfortunately), so I have roughly 89lbs of lean mass. So I need to eat about 101g of protein daily.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    .8-1g protein per pound of body weight for people trying to lose weight or build muscle.

More if you're really trying to bulk up.

.7 minimum to be healthy.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    mine is set to 53. I usually get 40-50, sometimes more, sometimes less... sometimes it's a lot less cuz i' not a very big meat eater, but i do try. i don't care for nuts too much, but will sometimes have a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" / 161 lbs and I follow P90X fat shredder - protein set at 50% - I aim for 225g a day (hard to do without supplements)

Dang! What's your calorie limit? It'd be hard to get 225 with only lean meats (even if you're doing a protein bar AND shake everyday).

1800 calories a day / workout pretty much 7 days a week - cycling, running and P90X2

I add protein powder to yogurt and I have a couple shakes a day (it's not perfect but this is what I aim for)