Turbo Fire for "BIG" people

Options
jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
I was looking at the Turbo Fire and it looks AWESOME ! I have seen the transfomations but they are all smaller people who then are even smaller. Are there any heavier (over 210) people who have done that and have had big time results?

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the Turbo Fire and it looks AWESOME ! I have seen the transfomations but they are all smaller people who then are even smaller. Are there any heavier (over 210) people who have done that and have had big time results?

There are plenty I know who had success with TF when they were larger. However it is very VERY important that you follow the low impact modifier for each exercise EXCLUSIVELY. Doing the high impact/jumping variations everyone else is doing will destroy your knees if you're big.

Given how frequently you'll have to take breaks at your current fitness level, it's more than likely you'll see better results from something more aimed at your fitness level that you can maintain for a longer period of time. But that doesn't mean you can't do this and see results from it. It's just that you'll probably see better results from something more beginner-friendly.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yes I have done it and I saw great results and I was over 200 pounds when I did it. I would say this if you love it try it. I know people that have lost 80 pounds or more doing various workouts including Turbofire so YES it can be done. You can do the modifications to make it easier for you until you are able to do more. Feel free to friend me as well! I love Turbofire and I just added Les Mills Pump too!
  • MzTate81
    MzTate81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When i first did Turbo Fire i was pretty heavy i was about 247 and i just had to modify some of the high impact moves until you can do them if it hurts your knee...But overall its a great workout and very fun to do... I lost 30lbs with that program and its one of my favs to do...
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about this. I've been wondering the same thing. I really want to do turbo fire
  • aathom11
    aathom11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You should do it. I am 250 pounds and I am doing it. I love it!!

Thanks for posting about this. I've been wondering the same thing. I really want to do turbo fire