Panda Express-what is healthiest

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
My parents like to stop at Panda Express when they visit...what is the healthiest option on their menu?

Replies

• TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You could opt for a side of vegetables instead of fried rice/chow mein. & their broccoli beef has the best nutrient profile out of all their entrees.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My hubby LOVES panda express. When I go with him (when I give in to his request lol) I get the broccoli beef. But I I'll be honest. We bring our Panda home and I put it in a colander and shake it. Some times I even rinse it.
    And I skip the rice.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Veggies. Brocolli beef & string bean chicken. They have a good nutritional menu on their site.
  • brlandr1
    brlandr1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I got the side of veggies and the kun pao chicken, ask for the sauce on the side so it is basically just chicken and only spooned one teaspoon of sauce on the chicken compared to the 1/4 of a cup of sauce they gave! Good luck!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Veggies. Brocolli beef & string bean chicken. They have a good nutritional menu on their site.
    This is what I get also
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    I throw a vote in for the mushroom chicken, or black pepper chicken, also with a side of veggies instead of noodles or rice for me!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I throw a vote in for the mushroom chicken, or black pepper chicken, also with a side of veggies instead of noodles or rice for me!

http://www.pandaexpress.com/files/Nutrition.pdf

Pretty much everything is high in sodium, but their online nutrition info even has a guide to let you know which things are under 250 calories per serving. (though, if you're bringing it home, I'd actually weigh the amounts they give you, because my experience with places like this is that it's usually a larger serving than what they consider "one serving" on their nutrition info).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

http://www.pandaexpress.com/files/Nutrition.pdf

Pretty much everything is high in sodium, but their online nutrition info even has a guide to let you know which things are under 250 calories per serving. (though, if you're bringing it home, I'd actually weigh the amounts they give you, because my experience with places like this is that it's usually a larger serving than what they consider "one serving" on their nutrition info).
    The sodium is the reason I drain and sometimes rinse.
  • healthyhawaii
    Options

Same here and ditto on the beef broccoli.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oops. Apologies, I didn't mean to quote that post, just meant to reply. My comment was only directed to the OP.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    mushroom chicken, string bean chicken and side of steamed veggies... Yummy! I go there about once a month :wink: