New Forum Member...looking for accountability and change

Options
Hi my name is DeAndre. I'm 34 years old and live in Houston. I've had recent success losing weight, last year I pretty much got addicted to Subway and did cardio, elliptical and bike 5-6 days a week. I dropped 32 lbs and felt better than I had in life. I'm going on a trip to the Caribbean in 8 weeks and no matter what I do I CANNOT lose like I did last year....sadly I let the weight come back. I can't think about that anymore, just thinking about it going away and maintaining this time. But the last 6 months it seems nothing I do gives results, I'm stuck at the same weight and hate it. So....introducing myself, hoping I can gain encouragement, help, weekly accountability to reach my goal and hopefully I can help others. My food diary is available to anyone that wants to see, maybe I'm doing something wrong. That's it for now. Thanks!

Dre

Replies

• Nikid1926
    Nikid1926 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I have been there like you lost 42lb and then put it all back on, so I have decided that I am going to do this with the help of MFP and I am going to do it right good luck
  • still_dre77
    still_dre77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hope the same for you! Especially you knowing what it's like....I keep thinking, why did I let it go so easy? Can't do that again. Good luck to you too! :-)
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    Positivity needed and given! Feel free to add me....Just a warning though: Sometimes I swear and you might find alcohol in my food diary on occasion.....just so you know :drinker:

Edited to add: Anyone else looking for buddies feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Yikes! You consume a LOT of sodium! I'd have 10 lbs of water weight at those levels! That's ONE of the problems with take-out and processed foods! I try to limit mine to 1500 per day. It may take some organization and getting used to, but I think preparing your own healthy food would help tremendously! Good luck to you !
  • still_dre77
    Options
    LOL thanks for the warning MrsB who doesn't the occasional sip of alcohol. Thanks! and good luck to you!
  • still_dre77
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Lifeisnotadressrehearsal sorry for the late response. I did notice that I was consuming way too much sodium and am making steps to definitely control that. How's things for you. Thanks for the comments again!!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I am on here every day trying to tone up and lose those last pounds.

Anyone can add me as well. Just like what was stated above, If you look in my diary you will see some candy and some rum and cokes from time to time.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diet, your protein is much too low. I would increase your protein and water intake and try to lower your sodium.