Hi ! New Member

Options
Hi Everyone .

Thought I'd introduce myself . My names Stacey , I'm 24 . From the
UK .
I'm hoping this site can help me . I feel alone , depressed & unhappy .
I'm over weight , I weigh about 14stone (don't know in lbs)
I suffer from IBS & PCOS
I do a 'diet' every Monday , but by Wednesday , my hands wonder .
And I end up eating my whole fridge .

I got asked earlier when I was due , in the middle of the supermarket .
I just cried . Right there in the aisle .

I have truly hit rock bottom & hoping this site can give me the Oomph I need .

Sorry for being so depressing . :-(

Replies

• Notte
    Notte Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get asked that all of the time, Stacey. I have PCOS as well and it is so hard when people ask me if I am pregnant or not. I've tried and it has never happened and it breaks me a little more every time.

But you can do it and we can do it together! Don't lose hope and I am here if you need to talk.
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    It does break me . Over & over. Do you find it hard with your PCOS? I find it controls my life , they say its better if you lose weight , but then tell you its really hard to lose it . Help ?! Lol
    I'm finding myself getting short & snappy with my Partner because I don't think anyone else understands me .
  • Notte
    Options
    I find it really hard with my PCOS and half of the time it makes me feel more like a man than a woman and it has been controlling my life. I told my doctor that I need to do this for me and because I want a family one day, but first it comes back to feeling like not just a woman, but a beautiful woman who is worthy of everything and unashamed. My doctor put me on Metformin to help me with the weight loss because of the PCOS.

I don't have a partner, but there are times when my temperament just flares with everyone because they don't know what it is like or how bad it feels.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i have ibs so no how it feels feel free to add x
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    What is Metformin ? I've just been left to get on with it really . Don't know how to control it . I'm going back to doctors on Wednesday to talk about everything . See if I can get help . I've joined the gym now , just some days I have no energy to go . I know its probably a mental block .
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Hi Everyone .

Thought I'd introduce myself . My names Stacey , I'm 24 . From the
    UK .
    I'm hoping this site can help me . I feel alone , depressed & unhappy .
    I'm over weight , I weigh about 14stone (don't know in lbs)
    I suffer from IBS & PCOS
    I do a 'diet' every Monday , but by Wednesday , my hands wonder .
    And I end up eating my whole fridge .

I got asked earlier when I was due , in the middle of the supermarket .
    I just cried . Right there in the aisle .

I have truly hit rock bottom & hoping this site can give me the Oomph I need .

Sorry for being so depressing . :-(

welcome..im still kinda new here too...feel free to add me. sometimes its easier to go through this with others. i was asked the same due date question b4, so i know exactly how you feel....just remember slow and steady wins the race..it'll come off! good luck dear
  • Notte
    Options
    What is Metformin ? I've just been left to get on with it really . Don't know how to control it . I'm going back to doctors on Wednesday to talk about everything . See if I can get help . I've joined the gym now , just some days I have no energy to go . I know its probably a mental block .

Metformin is a medication generally used for people with type 2 Diabetes. But it also works well with women who have PCOS because we also suffer from insulin resistance and the Metformin helps to control that and break down the food we intake instead of having our bodies store it. Doctors will also put us on Metformin when we are trying to conceive, although generally a fertility pill like Clomid is accompanied with it.

This is a good website to read up on it: http://women.webmd.com/metformin-glucophage-for-polycystic-ovary-syndrome
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    I've added you as friends . I think at this rate I'll have more friends on here than I do where I live . Which would be great :-)
    I know it will take time to come off , I just need a good kick up the *kitten* so to say . I've downloaded the myfitnesspal app , will that update on here if I lose any weight ?

Thank you everyone. You've made me feel welcome <3
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    Thanks Notte . I'll mention it to my Dr . See if I can at least try it :-)
  • headcashier
    Options
    Hi. I am in my third week of my weight loss. I feel better my husband says this morning he notced that I am thinner. Problem is, I am not seeing it on the scale. I feel it in my clothing. I see differences in my hips and abs why not on the scale. Does anyone have some answers?
  • Notte
    Options
    You are more than welcome. :)

And yes, when you update it on your app, it updates on the site as well. I generally use my app for the updating because it is easier.

And don't forget, YOU CAN DO THIS! And we will all do it together!
  • Notte
    Options
    Hi. I am in my third week of my weight loss. I feel better my husband says this morning he notced that I am thinner. Problem is, I am not seeing it on the scale. I feel it in my clothing. I see differences in my hips and abs why not on the scale. Does anyone have some answers?

If you are working out, then it is the muscle that you are seeing on the scale. Muscle ways more than fat does, so as it is being replaced, sometimes you will either see an up in the weight or having it stay the same. But the muscle are lean and that is why you can feel the difference in your clothes. You are losing, so don't worry and keep up the good work!
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    You are more than welcome. :)

And yes, when you update it on your app, it updates on the site as well. I generally use my app for the updating because it is easier.

And don't forget, YOU CAN DO THIS! And we will all do it together!

Thanks :-) so can you . This is going to be my life line now lol
    That's great , so I'll update my App daily , then check the site at night .
    Here goes My Journey .. I shall weigh myself tomorrow , put the oh-so-bad numbers on here & move on :-)
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I as well have PCOS. It really is the hardest thing to deal with. I don't look at myself and think you are beautiful. It seems nothing i do helps. its like pcos makes it impossible to lose weight something. I have metformin however it makes me feel so sick i did quit taking it. Does the metformin make you feel ill too.
  • Notte
    Options
    I as well have PCOS. It really is the hardest thing to deal with. I don't look at myself and think you are beautiful. It seems nothing i do helps. its like pcos makes it impossible to lose weight something. I have metformin however it makes me feel so sick i did quit taking it. Does the metformin make you feel ill too.

There are side effects to the Metformin. Nothing to big, but it can cause upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Because it is generally used for people with Diabetes, you should get a some type of glucose tracker that monitors your blood sugar levels. If you start to feel sick, it is because your sugars are probably low and they shouldn't go below 60 because that puts you in a danger zone. I would suggest talking to your doctor about changing your dosage if you want to try it again. For the first week, it will make you feel a little sick because you need to get used to the medication, but the symptoms shave off with time. However, the diarrhea can be reoccurring depending on what type of foods you put into your body.

And you are beautiful, so don't think any differently.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i never thought about checking my levels thats a great idea. I was diagnosed when i was about 15 23 now and i havent taken the metformin for prolly about a year. I should i know it will help with some weight loss but it does upset my stomach all the time so i don't take it im suppose to take 1 500 mg in the morning then again at night, i think i will just go back to 500 at night and go from there. How old were you guys when you found out. Its kinda nice talking to someone with pcos, i have never met anyone with it.
  • jeanneveich
    Options
    One day at a time! Don't look at the whole week, just the day you are in. Give yourself a break and just log everything. Of course it's always easier to help other than it is your self, but I totally understand what you are going through!:smile: