Getting a wii

Options
Wii gamers...

What games would you suggest ?

Work out or not.

Also, how was the biggest loser game? Has anyone tried / play that one?

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas, and I'm liking it so far. I've heard people say it's easy to get bored with it, but I like it so far!
  • mrsmiller678
    Options
    I really like Wii Fit Plus. You can do traditional exercised but with a twist. I have Jillian Michael's Ultimatum, it kicked my butt so bad the first time I haven't done it since. As far as non workout games...Super Mario Bros is a must! If you were a fan as a kid this is great!! Hope that helps!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i have been having fun w/ my new wii fit plus.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    So wii fit plus ? I need the balance board and everything right ?
    Anyone know how much it is ?
  • ema21043
    Options
    I have Wii fit and Wii fit plus and enjoy . . . haven't gotten bored yet. Also Wii Sports and Sports Resorts are pretty active. A bonus is that my 11 year old likes to join in too. I got The Biggest Loser for Christmas and got discouraged right away because it wanted me to get down on my hands and knees a lot and I can't go that. I also have a portable pedaler, I can sit in any chair and pedal away while I am reading or watching tv and isn't doesn't bother my knees which riding a regular biike does. Good luck with whatever you do, any movement helps.
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It comes with the board for around $100
  • Carleybby
    Options
    I'll check online and see if I can get used stuff (ie. balance board)

Also about getting on the floor for biggest loser, that does sound kinda annoying - only cause I have a dog that would tackle me since I'm on her terf. :P
  • ramonad
    ramonad Posts: 14
    Options
    i have the biggest loser game. i do it every day. it works you out! be ready for some sore muscles but great workouts. you can choose what player you want to be, what trainer you want (bob or jillian) what part of your body you want to work on you choose if you want to do a 4,8, or 12 week progam. program your goals, weight and measurements. you choose the duration of the workout and the intesity level. you can do so many things....count calories, look at recipes, get exercise advice. i really love it! got mine on ebay and saved about 15 bucks! good luck to you, i know you will love it!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love my Biggest Loser game, and I also like EA Active. For non-workout games, I like Super Mario Brothers, and Mario Party.
  • Carleybby
    Options
    Heres my list as of now.

Wii fit plus.
    Biggest loser.
    Sports resort
    Super mario
    Mario party

Any other really good ones?

I've played sports resort before, I love it.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i got wii fit when it 1st came out and i played it once in a while. my 9 yr old likes it. but for me, with 4 kids i dont have much time for the wii and when i do i definately choose guitar hero over the wii fit any day!!! lol!! i would definately recommend guitar hero 3 (thats my fav!) also, id have to fight my son for the wii, as he is addicted to WWE Smackdown VS Raw!! lol..... good luck!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Depending on what your sort of humor is, Raymon Rabbids is really fun.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Heres my list as of now.

Wii fit plus.
    Biggest loser.
    Sports resort
    Super mario
    Mario party

Any other really good ones?

I've played sports resort before, I love it.

Guitar Hero!!!! and the sports one that comes with the wii is fun. bowling is fun and the boxing can tire u out!!
  • kann007
    kann007 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the biggest loser game for the wii and love it
  • mrsmiller678
    Options
    Carley...do you have a GameStop or other used game store near you? That's where I got my wii fit plus and balance board. The board was $59 compared to $99. Works just fine!
  • jlvgriffin
    jlvgriffin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just got Wii Fit Plus and Biggest Loser for Christmas. so far I like Biggest Loser for a workout, but I like the Body Fit test on the Wii Fit to keep track. My kids (8 and 9) love Wii fit for the games and it helps keep them active in the winter.
  • m_trinkle
    Options
    Santa got my three sons a Wii for Christmas this year. He answered my wishes as well because I have been wanting to get either the Wii Fit or the EA Active (or both). On Friday, I purchased the EA Active (it was only $50 & there is no balance board involved.) I absolutely love it so far. It has things on it that my children can do along with me. I have been working out at my local gym faithfully since mid-August. I do a 50-minute workout there called Turbo Kick, and I have a heart-rate monitor. I generally burn anywhere from 500-650 calories during that class (which I do 4-5 times per week.) Today, I did a 38-minute cardio/strength workout that is pre-programmed with the EA Active. I wore my heart rate monitor, and I burned 550 calories!!! It was a tough workout, but it was also lots of fun & did not seem like almost 40 minutes. There are easier and harder workouts to choose from, but since I've only had it for 2 days, I can't tell you much about the others. So far, the EA Active gets two thumbs up from me...cost-effective & it works!!!
  • Carleybby
    Options
    I deff have to get a heart moniter.

Also, ea active really sounds good now too.

Thanks everyone.
  • ncocci989
    Options
    i def suggest the wii ae active! i have been doing it for a little over a week now, and love it! it has boxing, tennis, basketball, and volleyball in it that can be put into your workout...you can either do a 30 day workout and not have to worry about planning it out or once you get used to what the different things are in it, you can form your own...i think its a lot of fun. also the wii bowling, boxing, golfing, tennis and baseball that comes with the wii are fun too! it keeps you going. and it doesnt make too much noise bc we live in the 2nd floor and always ask the guy if he can hear us with it and he said no...
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a few to suggest:

excitebots can be a (little) active and is a great way to get me motivated to Do the wii fit. Crashing cars (and it is easier than mariokart) puts me in a good mood after rush hour traffic. Also, dance dance revolution is awesome as a workout! You need the dance pads...but it is worth it!

I buy everything wii related on ebay but not used. I wouldn't want a used fitboard that someone has had 10 year olds jumping on. They are sturdy...but I wouldn't bet my money on it. Nor the dance pads. But I will buy the games used.

Also, a subscription service may help, so you can try before you buy. I HATE wiiactive...mostly because I can't get it to register my movements and is frustrating. But my kid uses it and has no problems. If I'd have rented it beforehand, I would have saved some money.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with!