My journey begins

Options
Today, August 13, 2012, is the beginning of my weight loss journey. I am currently 280 lbs. and my goal weight is 175 lbs. I am not setting a date for my goal, I am just going to take it one day at a time. With prayer, healthy eating, exercise and support, I know my goal can be attained and surpassed!

Replies

• snapdoodle1
    Options
    my journey began last monday.welcome lets do this i love this site..2.2 lbs lost
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is great! I'm sure you will do well. MFP is great for support and eager to help. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!! Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome & thanks for the add!
    My highest weight was 286 (& would you believe me if I said I was in the 9th grade... WELL BELIEVE IT!)

After losing 40lbs (with diet pills) I went back to my old ways & yup... GAINED ALL THE WEIGHT BACK!

This time it's different, NO PILLS... Just healthy eating & exercising... PUSHING MYSELF MORE THAN I EVER HAVE & I'M CURRENTLY AT 238 WITH A GOAL WEIGHT OF 150!

I say all this to say... You can do it!

If you're ever in need of fitness tips/motivation visit my tumblr page www.ceejourney.tumblr.com

:flowerforyou:
  • Notte
    Notte Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started on August 2, 2012. And I have 70 pounds to lose. We can do it! Feel free to add me.
  • scb18
    scb18 Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome! :) MFP is such a great way to lose weight. I've been loving it!
  • ShelleyStev
    Options
    Welcome to MyFItnessPal! It's an awesome tool and so easy to use and follow. Good luck!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the greatest place for inspiration and motivation! You have stumbled on the best site to aide you in your journey to a healthier and fitter you.:happy:

Use the tools available, log all your food....the good.. and....the bad. If you can't work it in, work it off. Drink your water! Yes, you can! :drinker:

Wishing you great success! :flowerforyou:
  • ppatick
    ppatick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 3 months, but this is the first time I have looked at the posts. Yay for all of us! I have lost ~20 lbs, with 50 more to go. This has been the first program where I haven't been even TEMPTED to cheat. The trick for me is to be vigilant about recording everything I put in my mouth, no one else can see it. The food goal numbers are a reality check for me and a challenge to meet and not exceed them.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome we could support each other,feel free to add me.
  • punk_uss
    punk_uss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me to, been at it for about a week now. Very impressed with the site and the members who post here. Please feel free to add me as well.