Options
Hi I'm Lyndsay, first time trying myfitnesspal after countless other healthy eating/diets failed. Looking to lose a serious amount and get healthy and fit finally.

Feel free to add me on here, I'm chatty :) xx

Replies

• fortheheart
    fortheheart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay. My name is Robin. My friend introduced me to this place in February. It's amazing. I've lost 50 pounds. I mean, yes, I check my calories. But by using this program I can see what I am eating, how much and when to quit. It also reminds me to drink enough water and take my vitamins.
    I have hip and back problems. My secret is I bought a recumbent bike. I go on for ten minutes at a time two to three times a day while watching tv or reading. It's helped a lot. I know exercise equiptment costs a lot. I had to save to buy mine. Walking is great. I haven't done much of that lately because where I am it's 105+ degree heat the last couple of weeks. Plus, there are no sidewalks. Bad excuse I know. I bought two pound weights to work on my big flabby arms. Just get a little movement in.
    P.S. I added you.
  • missbrittany23
    missbrittany23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hey, im Brittany, im a newbie also ive been on here almost (2weeks). I dont have many friends on here but i really like the site because it helps me see what im eating... Im trying to be more healthy with my eating habits. Ive started walking (2 -3 miles) 3-4 times a week and if i cant go i do tiffany rothe workouts since their free on youtube.
  • mamom
    mamom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm mamom. Just joined and looking for some support. I am usually a pretty active but just tend to overdo it without really noticing. Blew out my knee skiing this winter and am still recovering with PT so my workouts and other activity are limited right now. Decided now is the time to really get some healthy eating going on. reading these blogs gives me a little more motivation to stay on track. Keep them coming girls! Any tips on keeping the motivation going? I'm all ears:smile:
  • freaky4frogs
    Options
    I am new and frustrated trying to figure all of the site out. I am 62. I was just told by the cardiologist that I need open heart surgery due to a birth defect that has gotten worse with age. I have an Aortic Stenosis. He sent me home saying to lose 30-40 pounds (with out exercise). I need to lose the weight and will do it but the looming surgery has e scare to death. I am hear to support everyone and to get support. Good luck all.
  • danadarling09
    Options
    :)
  • lorissaf
    lorissaf Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey, I am Lorissa. Im here to lose some serious weight, too. I just joined yesterday, and I can already tell that this site will be vital for my weight loss. I love the support everyone offers, its inspiring. Just what I needed. Feel free to add me! (anyone!)
  • lamadre1
    lamadre1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sorry about your troubles. You will love this site. It has quickly become a habit to log my calories and watch my calories. Hope you learn to like it as much as I have, there are many many helpful people here!
  • jeanniesladko
    Options
    My name is Jeannie and I've been using this site for some time but not introduced myself before. I'm 62 and eat too much. I eat out of boredom. I do great until about 7pm at night then I mess it all up. I have been trying to totally give up my sweet tea and sodas. Thats mostly what I'm tackling right now except for trying to keep up with the food diary and keep within my guidelines. I don't eat too much bread either, thats a big weakness of mine. Today I did great on the eating but lost it with a McD's ice tea and coca cola. Wow the calories in that alone can kill your day.

I work out 3 days a week and there again I must MAKE myself do it. It is not something I enjoy. I'm 62 and didn't like it in high school when it was mandatory. I just jump up, throw on my exercise clothes and run down to the gym. Well, run in my car. I work out and its all I can do to complete it but I've been 4 days so far. I go every other day. Its not alot but its a start.

At my age I realize that I have good health except for a few minor things. I don't want to have a heart attack or anything like that. I need strength in my muscles. Since I've quit working I've gotten very lazy. I watch too much tv but its entertainment for me. My mother is 81 and more healthy than me I think. She can run circles around me some days and I want to get stronger. I need to lose about 70 pounds but my goal is to become healthier and stronger while doing so. My mind is right just got to get the rest of it together. I can use you guys on this site. Thanks for listening.
  • jeanniesladko
    Options
    HI I'm 62 also and in pretty good health. I can surely understand your concern. I'd be scared but at least you are doing something about it and listening to your doctor. send me a post anytime. Maybe we can relate to each other since we are of the same age. I have IBS and acid reflux and a little high bp, otherwise I'm in good shape. I'll be all the support I can be and good luck to you.:love:
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Hey I joined MFP in January 2010 lost 20lbs then gained most of it back, blah...On January 5, 2012; I decided i'd had enough of the way being unfit felt, I made a lifestyle change; no diet here :D....Since January i've lost 37lbs and many inches; slower progress then I want but it's a healthy way to lose....Feel free to add me, I'm on everyday and will be more then happy to give you support and motivation :D I still have 35-40lbs to lose
  • rcockrell6
    rcockrell6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 49 an just started this Aug. 1st. I've tried lots of things to loss weight and so far this is the best or I'm finnaly motivated enough to loss the weight. I'm not realy an active person and I found Tiffany Roth on youtube and have been doing her work outs and love them. I work out for about 30 min. a day. So far I have lost 7 pounds. I still have a long ways to go,but I am determined to loss.
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new on this site as well. I lost 85 pounds with Weight Watchers first and then I had foot surgery and moved in with my fiancee and his daughter and slid off the bus a little bit and put about 15 pounds back on. I ran my first 5K this year and feel great about that! I never thought I'd be able to do that! Now I'm just trying to take off those last pounds and tone up and continue to run and exercise. I find that exercise is me time and I enjoy it. So I'm using this site to track my food and exercise all in one place. So far it's been going fairly well! You can do it too! :)