Early birds..

Options
What keeps you motivated to wake up early and go to the gym? I've been trying to get back into the habit because the only time I can work out is in the mornings, but sometimes I just don't go. :grumble: What gets ya'll out of bed?

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    What keeps you motivated to wake up early and go to the gym? I've been trying to get back into the habit because the only time I can work out is in the mornings, but sometimes I just don't go. :grumble: What gets ya'll out of bed?
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I do go to my home treadmill early. What motivates me, among other things, is knowing I'll have more calories to eat during the day! :blushing:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    To get away from that special someone that sounds like shes clearing rain forests trees and flooding the world with buckets of drool.......:drinker:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I struggle to get up for work lol, I start work at 8am so don't have time to hit the gym before so i go after work.

I think the best thing todo is get an early night and maybe sleep with the curtains open in the hope the sun light helps wake you up. If you wide awake you'll go to the gym. Just a thought anyway

Al
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I get up early in the morning and either take the dog for a walk, use the treadmill at home, or use an exercise DVD. I know that it's the ONLY time I have during the day, so if I don't get my butt up and do it, I will not get another chance until the next morning. It can change my entire day on the days that I don't manage to get up! I feel worse, have to eat less, and can get pretty cranky!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    Three teenagers who have to be to school on time- of course I work at the same school as two of them:tongue:

Notice the time posted!
  • mmtarase
    mmtarase Posts: 9
    Options
    I get up at 5:45 and put my work out clothes on the minute I get up. As soon as DH leaves for work at 6 I go up, put my video in and get my workout done.

Sounds like hell, huh? Well, I have discovered it is painful to get out of bed. :tongue: Doesn't matter if it's 5:45 or 8 am. Still don't like to do it so what idfference does it make? If I stay in bed until 7 or 8, I get up knowing that I could have had my workout done already and I still have to do it. :sad:

If I put my workout clothes on as soon as I'm up that's half the battle. Not so hard when I'm ready to go already. Then I just go and get it over with. Now I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

It's just easier for me when I don't spend 3 hours dreading it before I go get it done. I do it before I wake up and know what I'm doing :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida, that's why I'm up early...

Who is this Gym guy anyway? :huh:

Wed 05/14/08 05:01 AM <~~~ It's lying...It's 7:01 AM here. :tongue:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    I feel better the whole day if I get up and moving early before work. Ive done it so often now that it just comes natural. Sure there are days when I just wanna sleep but I figure I gotta get up for work anyway why not go workout quick. Plus it gives me more free time after work to do things rather then getting off of work and going into the gym for 2 hours.
  • alyssa150
    alyssa150 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i have to get up to get my oldest girl to school so i just get up 30 min earlier because i know i have to get up anyway. But when school out i don't know i going to do but every year in the summer i sleep in.
  • jjtimmons
    jjtimmons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work 2nd shift and have a 4 yr old daughter oh and my husband has to be at work at 830 am so I have to get up at 6 am and go to the gym it took a couple of weeks but I definately don't feel good if i skip so I just get my butt out of bed so I don't feel like garbage all day
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Don't have a choice three times a week it's mandatory at work but for the other two days my internal clock wakes me up at 4:45 regardless, I know that if I don't do it in the morning I will be too physically and mentally tired at night so that is what does it that and seeing those lbs come off. Great reward.