good weight at 5'10"

Options

Replies

• ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and right now I weight 274lbs my doctor ask me what was a realistick weight to be? I told her I would like to be down to 200lbs. She told me I am a pretty big frame woman they did a BMI assestment and my bone weight takes most of my weight so she told me to focus on what I would like to loose and then we would discuss if I needed to loose more weight or not. She is a very good doctor.
    I believe that not all male or females are built the same. So I say if you dont feel comfterble with whate your primary physician says go ahead and get a 2nd opinion.
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and go up and down from 145 and 152ish.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Eh, not really sure why people are saying 150 is too low for 5'9-5'10 girls.... I'm 5'11 and 140, in a size 6. I don't think anyone would say I'm too skinny. For a guy 155 might be a bit low.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'10" female (large bone structure) and used to weigh in the 150's (mostly size 14 clothes but some 12s fit). I was 157 when I joined the Army and they said I was overweight until they took a body fat test and realized that it was muscle and not fat. I came back from basic training at 155 and in the best shape of my life. I was not thin at all and was very curvy with wide hip, strong muscular arms and legs, and a D cup. I am hoping to get back to that weight again. Everyone carries their weight differently. I have a friend that is 5'11 and a cousin that is 6'0" and they both weigh around 140-145 pounds but they are thin (not too thin that it is sick looking but small framed and what I consider almost model thin).
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't realize that you were a guy. I would think that 155 would be ok for a guy that is smaller framed though. Both of my sons are tall and thin. My 14 yr old is 6'2" and about 140 pounds (pants size 29W 34L) and my 21 year old is 6'2" and is about 170 (pants size 32W 34L) (although he used to be around 145 before he begain lifting weights and trying to bulk up).
  • btkkterry
    btkkterry Posts: 183
    Options
    That's another thing: if you have a lot of muscle, you are going to look fine at up to whatever weight, honestly. A lot of guys have more muscle than I do, so when they hear that I think I should shoot for 155 or below, they think I'm crazy....
    same here
  • btkkterry
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't realize that you were a guy. I would think that 155 would be ok for a guy that is smaller framed though. Both of my sons are tall and thin. My 14 yr old is 6'2" and about 140 pounds (pants size 29W 34L) and my 21 year old is 6'2" and is about 170 (pants size 32W 34L) (although he used to be around 145 before he begain lifting weights and trying to bulk up).
    Wow very tall family
  • btkkterry
    Options
    RIGHT NOW I am 6 feet tall and weigh 176 lbs ...

so unless you have a VERY small frame, 155 lbs sounds like it's too low.
    I have a small frame and carry my weight in my midsection which I don't like
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    That sounds low to me BUT it could be because of your frame.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and the I weight 189 I want to be around 175-180 that is where I am comfortable at, honestly 155 is really low but that is what the chart says.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Are you in my family? That could be my family! My eledest though is 24 now, not 21.

Seriously, until he went into the Peace Corps and lost 25 pounds, my eldest (21 then) was 6'2" and looked exactly like a male model from Abercomby and Fitch. No fat, incredible abs, and strong shoulders and arms from carrying a backpack and working on a farm. He weighed 155 before he went.

It's my strong impression that you can be same hieght and lots of different healthy weights depending on body composition.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I have set my goal weight to my high school wrestling weight of 178.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and 155 is my goal weight.... right now I'm 170 and still have some fat to loose, may be happy once I tone up at about 160.
    Think it depends on your frame and what you feel comfortable with, and what your fat to muscle ratio is.... I think once I build more muscle I would be happier with a higher weight if it was muscle and not fat lol ...
  • btkkterry
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and 155 is my goal weight.... right now I'm 170 and still have some fat to loose, may be happy once I tone up at about 160.
    Think it depends on your frame and what you feel comfortable with, and what your fat to muscle ratio is.... I think once I build more muscle I would be happier with a higher weight if it was muscle and not fat lol ...
    Were the same c/w with the same goal
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes, it seems low to me. I am 5'10" and my goal weight is 185. Based on past experience, I am around a size 12 at 185 which for me is lovely. Could I be smaller? Of course. But I figure when I get to 185 I will see how I feel and go from there. The healthy range is like the 130's to the 170's if I recall correctly.

Same goes for me! When I was a kid I weighed 130 and I am 5'10" but as an adult, the lowest I have been able to acheive is around 175. This time around I am shooting for 185 for my first goal and will see how I feel from there. I will probably be around a size 12 and that would be the smallest I have been in over 20 years. So we sort of sound like we have the same plan! :)
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I've never been close to thin, so I have no idea what my ideal weight is. Set my goal to 174 lbs. as it is the highest weight within the "healthy" BMI range.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    If you're a male, that seems quite low. I'm a 5'10" female and my goal is currently 150 lbs. My doctor wants me to be between 140-160 lbs range.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and currently 153. Check my pics, I am far from a stick, but I'm female.
  • btkkterry
    Options
    If you're a male, that seems quite low. I'm a 5'10" female and my goal is currently 150 lbs. My doctor wants me to be between 140-160 lbs range.
    I'm at 170 now and some say I look too thin now. I'm going for 165 and see what I think then
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10". Went from 250 to 176. Trying to get down to 160s. I never thought I could get to where I am at now. So, it is possible. If you look at the scale on MFP, 5'10" should be between 129 and 174. SO, 155 would put you right in the middle of that range.