I could use some friends on here for motivation

Options
Lately I've been unmotivated. I could use some friends to keep me motivated and get on my case if I don't log in for a few days.

Replies

• cliq2000
    cliq2000 Posts: 21
    Options
    Ya same here...I really need to drop the weight...I started out about a year and a half ago, lost quite a bit i guess but doesnt help when theres soooo much farther to go! I hear the almost pre-defeat in your comment! Im also very new here on this site, and need some moral support! How bout we prop each other up for awhile?
  • jeanniesladko
    Options
    I could use a friend too. I'm over 60 and just began exercising but I realize I must change my diet too. My problem is I'm alone most of the time and eat out of bordom. If you'd like to become a diet buddy please chime in if you have like interests. Thanks:sad:
  • ricosuavee123
    Options
    sounds good.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just started on MFP last Wednesday. Add me if you like.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I don't know any of y'all but I love to exercise and calorie intake is actually 99% of whether you lose or win your war on weight. I'm a great motivator; mainly because I was fat my whole life and only lost weight as an adult (prior to turning 40). I kept it off for 4 years but a lot of upheaval in my life found a few pounds slip back on; so I'm back on the calorie countin' wagon to force those extra pounds back off, so my skinny jeans will be comfy again.

Just remember every pound lost is win for yourself. It took years to put the pounds on, so don't feel defeated when it takes a while to get it off. Keep up the good work and if you feel yourself slippin'; remember how far you've come and what it took to get there. Don't forget to allow yourself to be human....that means we all fall down sometimes, it's not about falling down, it's about getting back up and getting back in the race (for yourself of course, b/c this race isn't against others...it's against yourself)!

If you need motivation...keep posting here or you can ask to be my friend.
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im always looking for motivation from others. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • JHerba4life
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support. I am on week 2 of Insanity program - :happy:
  • ksabourin67
    Options
    I love giving motivation and receiving !! I tell everyone to take it day by day. Just do whatever you need to do to get through each day and dont worry about tomorrow!! Before you know it a few days will have flown by!!!
  • thickemadama
    thickemadama Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello

I know how hard it is to stay motivated so I understand what you are going through. I look forward to talking to you.
  • needmotivation40
    Options
    hey guys. i feel like this weight thing.takes over.my life! i see other girls eat whatever they want and not gain a pound me on the other hand smell a freakn.cinnamon.roll and it goes straight to the thighs!! well i just stepped on the scale today n i'm 15lbs heavier ..which upset me.but i won't let it get me dwn..ive been big all my life.heaviest was 240..i went to the gym tonight and decided.today i'm going to slowly make changes in my life style..way i eat..take the stairs at work..etc i know it won't happen over night but it will happen. :) so i just joined this. i look forward to talking with you guys :)
  • chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support! It's easier to get through the tough times when you have people looking out for you!
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Find a real life friend to help you. Look for some annoyingly healthy person that is always bothering people with random and unsolicited health and exercise information. Befriend that person and symbiotic benefits will ensue.

A real, breathing person will kick the *kitten* out of any digital support.
  • Rayisme
    Rayisme Posts: 6
    Options
    I am a new starter with MFP. Sometimes I feel that at 57 I have left this a little late but I am willing to give it a shot. Any help I can give or get would be fantastic. Anyone please feel free to add me. Cheers. Ray. :drinker:
  • cliq2000
    cliq2000 Posts: 21
    Options
    This looks like a great site!
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a really wonderful place, and to the start of your journey. You're not alone, we all need motivation, we all get to a point where we feel 'what's the point' and 'surely one McDonalds won't matter' (other fast food is available :) ) but where before, you didn't feel you had anywhere to turn, now you do.

Put the app on your smart/iphone if you have one, check in here when you can and see the support that's always on tap, and don't ever, EVER be afraid to ask for more, to pour out your heart and you won't be judged.

You are amongst friends, all of us here to get fitter, lose a bit (or a lot) of weight and share our experience, thoughts and feelings with each other.

You'll start to see some progress soon, don't lose heart when it's not immediate, changes for the good take time, they take effort and they need support - you've got that in spades here!