Ok, anyone else have this problem?

Options
It may be a bit of TMI but most of the people on here are women so they can sympathize...

Around "that time" of the month, I seem to crave sweet and fatty foods. I have a real problem staying on track a week before then and I am not sure what to do about it. Normally I can ignore my cravings, but not at this time. IDK maybe I need some good sweet snack suggestions or some tricks to kill a craving, but help please...

:embarassed:

Replies

• Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are very sweet and low in calories. Apples are sweet and so are bananas. If you want something crunchy buy some pretzel sticks. They are low in calories and can prevent you from reaching for the chips. Buy some yogurt and pop it in the freezer!
  • RaquelQtie
    RaquelQtie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt... Also, there are a lot of 100 calorie sweet snacks available. As long as you eat just one bag then you should be ok ;)
  • cindy6649
    cindy6649 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try some fruit, like grapes, but always eat some protein with it, like cheese. It's better than just eating carbs.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Kellogs Pasty Crisps work for me for sweet cravings - the cinnamon ones are delish - a pack of two is 100 calories. Fiber one chocolate brownie or the chocolate chip brownies are awesome for 90 calories - and you get the benefit of the fiber with it!
  • rejie1
    rejie1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are very sweet and low in calories. Apples are sweet and so are bananas. If you want something crunchy buy some pretzel sticks. They are low in calories and can prevent you from reaching for the chips. Buy some yogurt and pop it in the freezer!

Always good frozen yogurt w/pretzels. Good sweetness and crunch same time. :happy: :happy:
  • SaraSillyRainbow
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight eating more than 2 servings of fruit will backfire on you-- simply because fruits contain sugar and even if it's not sugar from say a chocolate bar it's still sugar and if you overeat it will convert to fat.

Anyways, I get all sorts of cravings on my period and here are the things that I do.

Chocolate craving:
    #1) -Melt dark chocolate (preferably 70% +)
    - slice banana
    - dip banana slices in the melted chocolate with a fork and place banana slices on a plate
    Now you can add unsweetened coconut shaving if you want and place the plate in the freezer for about an hour.

Super yummy and you're not setting yourself back.

#2) -Freeze a whole banana (without the peel)
    - put frozen banana in food processor
    - add a dash of milk (preferably almond milk or coconut milk)
    - add blueberries or strawberries and dark chocolate chunks.

Viola ice cream.

#3) - Melt dark chocolate (add a splash of milk, preferably coconut milk or almond milk)
    - In a small bread pan line it with tin foil
    -Throw in almonds and/or macadamias
    - Pour chocolate over nuts and put in the freeze

And now you have a yummy chocolate bar.

Salty

#1) - Thinly slice zucchini and/or sweet potatoes
    -brush olive oil and sprinkle salt on top
    -bake

Viola Chips!

#2)- Slice sweet potatoes (french fry style)
    -brush with olive oil, throw on some salt (black pepper and cayenne pepper if you want a little kick to them)
    -bake

Yum french fries!

I strongly suggest not going to your grocery store and getting those prepackaged snack foods that are like 100 calories per pack-- regardless of amount of calories you are still ingesting a sh-tload of sugar and it will send you to crave more and more-- sorry not satiating.

If you're into granola bar type snacks here's an awesome recipe that I use myself.

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/09/12/grain-free-granola-bars/

Good luck!
  • mekutataki
    Options
    Wow thanks for those ideas, I will have to try them, I do limit myself but it still makes life difficult becuase I know that is where I tend to gain the most weight.
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    I am presently dealing with this myself. Chocolate vanilla soymilk or perhaps chocolate mouse jello pudding gives me chocolate and not too many extra calories. I don't know about you, but if I don't eat something with chocolate, I end up binging anyway and feeling horrible the next day. This time is always my set back /weakness. I hate it! I can curb sugar most any other time. But from a biological standpoint, your body is craving that sugar to prepare your body for a lot of shedding of cells and or potential pregnancy. It doesnt really ever go away. We have to learn a happy medium and stick with a healthier version. Goodluck!