PMS Cravings and PCOS

Options
I have PCOS and so my hormones are all over the place. Since I've lost a significant amount of weight, my cycles are now regular, which is great, but my PMS is off the charts now. I'm miserable! I want chocolate, I want ice cream, I want popcorn, I want any and everything. My head is aching and it's taking every ounce of willpower not to stuff my face, right now. Help me! I had it bad last night, and I did 3 miles on the elliptical, but I just can't get there again tonight.

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Either take the day off and work out extra tomorrow or go tonight! You CAN do it! I have the worst ever PMS symtoms every damn month. NO control with food. :( Don't beat yourself up over a bad day....but don't say you can't do it! Hugs!
  • xelalarenee
    Options
    Thank you! I'm a total foodie, so that I struggle on a normal day - but this is ridiculous! You're picture might be enough motivation to stop me from indulging - I'd love to be able to rock a bikini like that.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Thank you! It isn't easy for me. I have worked out like crazy for 15 years. I have a big issue with wine. It's my biggest struggle so I know how it feels to feel defeated, if you will.
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    omg - i just walked into my kitchen 4 times to get something to eat due to menstrual cravings..... want to eat it all!!!! i even went to the gym just to have the extra calories so i could but the guilt is stopping me --- plus i realize that i don't really want it for a "valid" reason ... i'd just inhale it then go back for more....so i decided to make popcorn instead .... eat it one piece at a time so it lasts forever and the cravings are gone ... plus i drink a huge glass of iced tea so i get the sweet and salty combo ... not perfect but it works. then i'm going to bed just in case!!!
  • xelalarenee
    Options
    Thank goodness it's not just me! I have these dark chocolate covered ice cream squares from Schwans and they're 60 cals per piece which makes me justify to myself "oh, it's only 60 calories, heck, have 2!". Gah! Popcorn might be a safe solution - enjoy each piece!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    The strange part about PMS is that I am truly HUNGRY! Of course it is cravings too (mine is salt) But I am famished! And honestly, if I don't give into the cravings just once, my period won't start. Weird huh???
  • xelalarenee
    Options
    EXACTLY - I really AM hungry!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but I have crazy PMS cravings.. right now actually... I crave carbs. I really would like to have some crazy bread right now. I haven't given in to that craving because I would probably eat the whole bag. But I always seem hungrier when I am PMSing. It is nice to see I am not alone, now only if I could figure out what I'm missing in my diet that makes me crave the carbs.