Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Halfway there! (pics)

RillSoji
RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
In my early 20's I weighed <200 lbs. Which is pretty good for me. I've always been, well, curvy. But over the years I kept gaining and gaining and gaining. Didn't seem to matter what I did or what I ate so I stopped trying to not-gain and gained some more. In 2008 I went to the ER in the middle of the night with stabbity pains in my gut. So bad I couldn't keep anything down and couldn't straighten up. I had an ovarian cyst about 2 centimeters long that had ruptured. That's when I was diagnosed with PCOS (for those who don't know it's basically an imbalance of hormones that cascades into many different health problems). Doctors said 'drop the weight' and 'balance your hormones'. They tried to help me with visits and blood work and lots of different pills but it all just seemed to be making matters worse. I finally got fed up and said goodbye to doctors and pills that weren't absolutely necessary. I did my own research and have had my own trial and errors. But I'm winning out and loosing weight! My hormones are beginning to balance out with good diet and a little help from herbal teas and oils. It's slow but at least it's steady. When I was first diagnosed I weighed 280 lbs. My goal is to be back to 180, the weight I think was just right for me. Not too skinny, not too plump. I've now hit the halfway point of 230 lbs! Woo! Halfway there.

2003 - 190 lbs (This is about where I'd like to be again)
190.jpg

2008 - 280 lbs
280.jpg

2009 - 270 lbs
270.jpg

2010 - 260 lbs
260.jpg

2010 - 250 lbs
250a.jpg

2010 - 250 lbs
250.jpg

2011 - 240 lbs
240.jpg

2012 - 230 lbs
230.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!