calories in cough drops?

Options
I was wondering how particular everyone is with entering their calories. I enter everything I eat to get an accurate count, but I just realized the vitamin C drops I have each have 15 calories in them. My cube neighbor is sick and I don't want to catch it, but man, 30 calories just for two drops? I mean, I know they are technically calories I consume, but do most of you enter stuff like this, or just consider it a wash for maybe some extra stairs you may climb that day or something, lol?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how particular everyone is with entering their calories. I enter everything I eat to get an accurate count, but I just realized the vitamin C drops I have each have 15 calories in them. My cube neighbor is sick and I don't want to catch it, but man, 30 calories just for two drops? I mean, I know they are technically calories I consume, but do most of you enter stuff like this, or just consider it a wash for maybe some extra stairs you may climb that day or something, lol?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by cough drops too, I don't know if this helps at all but fisherman's friend coughdrops work really well and only have 2 or 3 calories in them!
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    i think cough drops should go into the category of "shouldn't have to count these calories". this category already contains fruits and veggies. calories in cough drops... that stinks
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    cough drops and gum have sugars in them so if you're trying to track these things it may be wise to see exactly where and how all these things add up. I enter everything and have found myself looking for the sugar fee/zero calorie substitutes for little items like these -- after all 7 pairs of cough drops through out the day is a glass of red wine I could be having at dinner :wink: