Football season and Food

Options
Football is a huge thing in our household. It is a ritual of food, good natured (and some not so good natured) arguing, and of course football! It usually consists of a cornucopia of beer, liquor and football foods. We all know what those foods are right? The cheese oozing nachos. Saucy BBQ wings that require finger licking. Oh, and we can't forget the bowls of salty crunchy scoops loaded with salsa. I am ready to eat right now!

I diverge though lol. So my fellow pigskin lovers, what are you planning on chowing down on as you watch my Cowboys on Sunday Night Football? Lol!

Replies

• brianjackdixon
    brianjackdixon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As per my nutritonist I get one cheat meal/day per week. I don't eat as much as everything listed but just choose your favorite and save it till the 4th quarter. You can make it. Its only 17 weeks once a week so be strong for 17 days.

8439756.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I make the same junky foods that the stores sell but I make them myself, jalapeno poppers, mozzerella sticks, chili etc. but home made is healthier. Try out skinnytaste.com. Plus I try to not eat as much..."GO EAGLES"
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really planning to watch the Cowboys...

I "pay" for my football food. The place where we watch the games have the very best nachos in the world. I've calculated those to about 700 calories, so that's approximately 60 minutes on the elliptical machine. Tailgates are my favorite because I can teaspoon tons of things on my plate!
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    salsa is actually a good option just choose a healthier chip and raw veggies with it. maybe try a veggie or turkey chili in the cooler months. the key is moderation
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I work out like a freaking madman on Sunday morning. Then... uh... I go for the high-protein snacks. Meat-lovers pizza? Suuure, why not.
  • mrsamjones
    Options
    Sounds good. Do you deep fry yours or do it mostly in the oven? .......As for the Eagles...blah at least you are not a NYG fan lol
  • mrsamjones
    Options
    I make the same junky foods that the stores sell but I make them myself, jalapeno poppers, mozzerella sticks, chili etc. but home made is healthier. Try out skinnytaste.com. Plus I try to not eat as much..."GO EAGLES"

Sounds good. Do you deep fry yours or do it mostly in the oven? .......As for the Eagles...blah at least you are not a NYG fan lol
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I spray the wit a tiny bit of oil and bake them. I cut string cheese into thirds and flour, egg and breadcrumb them with a little italian seasoning. Then lay on a plate to freeze, then 350 for 15 minutes or so. I like to cut into thirds cos no double dippin.

for poppers I put the cheese inside and do the same as above.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ummm let me just say that when it's game day...all bets are off. There is no telling what kind of food that will be going into my body. Don't expect me to log very often during football season!! ;)
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Atomic Buffalo Turds.....lo cal style. Jalopeno half stuffed with fat free cream cheese, sprinkled with McCormicks smoky pepper and wrapped with a half slice of turkey bacon held in place with a toothpick. Put in the oven at 400 until the bacon is crispy. These get gobbled up as fast as I make them.

The original calls for thick sliced bacon and a mini smoky link to be embedded in the regular cream cheese. They do make low fat turkey mini sausages you could use, but they're pretty damn good without them.
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "GO EAGLES"

Philly in da house!

I'm an Eagles season ticket holder so eight weeks in the fall, hopefully combined with a couple January home playoff games, and a Super Bowl trip to N'Orleans, will consist of whatever is on tap at our tailgates. The guy who volunteers to cook usually tries to add something to the menu from the visiting team. On top of that there will be Philly cheesesteaks, and other fattening foods. There's also beer and usually Tullamore Dew shots as well. After all, it's a tailgate party!

Of course, I plan to be extra good with my workouts and diet all the other days of the week. But game day is party time! That's why I workout and watch what I eat so I can do stuff like that from time to time.