hi everyone

Options
thought this could help motivate me to get in shape. could use a fitness pal/motivator to help me and hold me accountable. want to lose 30 pounds :0)

Replies

• Skinnycami
    Options
    Hi,

I've used this program before to help me lose weight and it did, I lost a grand total of 2lbs got so swell headed and stopped. Eight months later and severely far beyond my (unrealistic) goal weight of 130lbs, I am now 148lb and back. I think this works but it forces you to be incredibly disciplined (one of my greatest weakness, next to cake) and honest (painfully).

In coming back I've decided to refine my weight loss goal to something more achievable 5lbs by September 30, doing aerobic work outs 2 times per week. I plan to step this up to 4 beginning next week with the addition of a cycling class on Mon, fingers X that I don't chicken out. Dieting is still pretty much a huge issue for me since I am pathologically incapable of making rational decisions about food most of the time.

My weight is my albatross...sigh. I really really wish it could come off as effortlessly as it came on.
  • kizzy482
    kizzy482 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as both of you. I need that motivation to keep on logging in what i eat and do. I have lost some weight a few months ago and once I stopped I picked some of it back up. I think I have it down now but I will be starting the insanity workout again hopefully I can keep it off this time around. I just want to drop anywhere between 15-20 lbs. I know we can do it
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It took me until I 45 to figure this food and exercise thing out. Eating small nutrtional snacks through the day has really helped me out. My favorite snack options: cocoa almonds, low fat mozzarela sticks with an apple, greek yougurt with fresh berries, banana with 1tbs of peanut butter. Having a protein snacks through the day really made the difference. Eating 5-6 times a day has really increased my metabolism.
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    One of the most important things any of us can do is to LOG in our food, and exercise, and keep track everyday. This is such a great site for doing that. I have done it faithfully for two months now and lost 13 lbs. Slow, but sure, the weight is coming off. You can do it, just put your mind to it, and you can be a healthier, happier you! All the supportive friends here are a big help to me too, so make use of that!
  • mitbmitb2
    Options
    hi! i also would like to lose 30lbs (for the last three years!) so maybe we could help each other to stay focused. Good luck.
  • Padraig62
    Options
    Hi.
    I am keen to get down to my target weight and lose 67 pounds so feel free to add me if you wish to :smile: