Typical Day Meal ?

Options
Hi Everyone . I'm wondering if you could help me .
I suffer from IBS and anything 'cream' coloured . Ie : pasta , rice , bread , even cereal , I can't touch .
I used to eat it everyday but have decided that its not doing me ant good.
I'm struggling so much to try & find breakfast more so . Lunch & dinner I'm happy with salads.

Thanks in advance :-)
Really appreciated

Replies

• georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....

How about egg white fritatta? Chuck in some spinach and tomatoes. YUM!!
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg beater omelette almost every morning. A little lean protein, a little lowfat cheese, and a green veggie (spinach, broccoli, etc.), and you're good to go. 150 cals at the most and you'll be satisfied and not weighed down.
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    So eggs are the way forward ? Is 2 enough ? I'm just racking my brains trying to think of a decent breakfast
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Trust me. A 1/2 cup of egg beaters with 1/2 oz of cheese and a piece of turkey is the way to go. You won't believe how satisfied you'll feel from ony 120 calories. Poeople have a tendancy to think you need carbs for breakfast (oatmeal, toast, pancakes, cereal, fruit, bagel, etc, etc, etc.It's all in our perception of what "breakfast" food is. You can have salad fro breakfast too. Don't fall into the typical "breakfast food" misconception.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Trust me. A 1/2 cup of egg beaters with 1/2 oz of cheese and a piece of turkey is the way to go. You won't believe how satisfied you'll feel from ony 120 calories. Poeople have a tendancy to think you need carbs for breakfast (oatmeal, toast, pancakes, cereal, fruit, bagel, etc, etc, etc.It's all in our perception of what "breakfast" food is. You can have salad fro breakfast too. Don't fall into the typical "breakfast food" misconception.

120 calories?!? Seriously? That's a snack.

Eat the 2 eggs with cheese and add a piece of fruit if you're still hungry.
  • MelodyPage
    Options
    I agree. Eggs are totally the way to go. I like eggs with some spinach and milk for an omellette. It has pretty much been said here already lol...but just wanted to 'second' it.
  • maryrajes
    Options
    Do protein shakes...add peanut butter and some caramel syrup to choc flavored meal replacement shake and voila you have a healthy snickers shake :) I recently started this program; 10 days in fact and am enjoying my breakfasts more than ever!!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I have yogurt or eggs with lean meat and a leafy veggie.
    I rarely ever have bread or cereal on it's own, I will always mix it with the above if I do. I find I get far too hungry before my first snack and I get headaches. I'll mix a carb in on a training day or a day I know it'll be a while till I get my lunch.

Replacing or combining a carb with protien is always the best bet.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You can throw lots of different veggies into scrambled eggs. Add a little cheese, top with salsa and YUM.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think balanced nutrition is the ticket to healthy weightloss and the way to cure many ailments including IBS. IMO. Drink water regularly, don't drown yourself but water is super important to make all the organs work right. But again, balance. Look at my diary not that I am perfect but I think I have a pretty good balance and I am having no issues. In fact, everything has improved including no more headaches from being dehydrated(is my guess)and my depression is almost non-existent.

Check my food diary, denise:):drinker: :drinker:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    One of my faves;) I like a piece of bacon too;)
    You can throw lots of different veggies into scrambled eggs. Add a little cheese, top with salsa and YUM.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Eggs - but eat the yolk (that's where the nutrition is and that's the part that helps you burn fat), I make a 2 egg omelet with whatever veggies I have - peppers, spinach, onions, or just put some salsa on it. Also add lean meats if you want more volume and protein - steak and eggs is one of my favorites. Plus there's nothing wrong with eating lunch foods for breakfast - yesterday I had turkey and carrots with hummus.

Eat what you like...no one is watching to see what time of day it is! lol
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    Do protein shakes...add peanut butter and some caramel syrup to choc flavored meal replacement shake and voila you have a healthy snickers shake :) I recently started this program; 10 days in fact and am enjoying my breakfasts more than ever!!

I have to say , I am loving this idea . I got such a sweet tooth , can easily eat 4 bars of chocolate & not feel sick :-)
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep eggs for sure. Try an omlette with ham (I'm Aussie, we rarely eat turkey but you could probably swap it if you wanted), mushrooms, spinach and a little parmesan. Yum!
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    I think balanced nutrition is the ticket to healthy weightloss and the way to cure many ailments including IBS. IMO. Drink water regularly, don't drown yourself but water is super important to make all the organs work right. But again, balance. Look at my diary not that I am perfect but I think I have a pretty good balance and I am having no issues. In fact, everything has improved including no more headaches from being dehydrated(is my guess)and my depression is almost non-existent.

Check my food diary, denise:):drinker: :drinker:

I get severe headaches , so maybe I'm dehydrated too . I'll start upping my intake . I suffer from severe depression . I'm hoping my moods lighten & I can start enjoying life again
  • staceyanne1
    Options
    Going in the morning to stock up on eggs :-) love the fact I can chuck in things too to bulk it out
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Yep eggs for sure. Try an omlette with ham (I'm Aussie, we rarely eat turkey but you could probably swap it if you wanted), mushrooms, spinach and a little parmesan. Yum!

I love turkey. So much. I am sad at the lack of turkey options we have here. Whenever there is turkey mince at coles I grab it. So yummeh.